Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my local dealer an asked if he could reflash my tccm, and he said we would have to do a diagonstic first, (100 bucks) and track down whats going on. I told him I dont have any trouble lights on or obd codes saying I have a 4wd problem. I just told him my 4wd wont engage.
Now for the silly question: to do a reflash, does the tccm have to be installed and they do it from the dealers tool or can I bring the tccm in my hand to them?

ss

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
They do it from the dealer's tech tool, and it has to be connected to a vehicle. The VIN from your other modules is used to make sure they download the right data to the TCCM.

Wasn't your problem the encoder motor? Or am I thinking of another one of the dozen folks I've helped today? :confused:

Why not pay them for the diagnosis to make sure you really need the encoder motor you'll probably buy from Ebay anyway?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll head over there sometime, I just don't trust them, especially with a kid half my age (in the service department) and not once did he take off his sunglasses, indoors! The place I do trust is 40 miles away in a different town.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts