Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone experiencing the same problem. I had my battery go dead after working on my new radio and when I got a jump the service 4wd light was on. I did the fuse #8 pull, also disconnected battery and let sit over night and still dead. Using this site I found out that you can swap the module with a used one from another vehicle and it should work. I have an 02 envoy and when I went to the junk yard they only had an 02 trailblazer. I wasnt sure if it would work because the part numbers were different and theres no returns on electrical items but I just decided to give a shot anyway. best $100 bucks i have ever spent. Now 4wd is back and running and haven't experienced any problems yet. fingers crossed! So just if your wondering the trailblazer and envoy tccm modules are interchangeable. saved over $500 than going to the dealership and getting a new one and having it programmed.:woohoo:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Thanks, but to be of the most help, could you post the part numbers involved? The vehicle you got it from might have had it replaced, so you might have the benefit of a redesigned 2003+ TCCM.

I'm looking for a dead TCCM to buy for a project, to get the connectors and housing. Email me, would you? (PM won't work for new members until you get to ten posts) ([email protected]) Thx!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry still a newbie, how do i pm you. The part number for the old unit is 15074733 and the new unit is 12590220.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts