Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just bought an '04 TB LS 4x4, when I first drove it everything worked fine. then the next day I had the blinking selector lights then it goes dark, when I switch to another mode the light would blink above it and then go off. This went on for about a day.
Then I read about the clearing the contacts, so i did that. The first time it still did the blinking/no light thing. After I did it about two more times over the course of the day. They lights came on and everything worked fine until this morning...when it started doing the blinking/no light on the selector switch thing again....

Which issue is this, (TCCM or Switch) b/c I have a limited warranty from the dealer and I want to know if I should get them to pay for or is it something I could just do. (basically I want to know if I have to replace the TCCM, or do I just need to check the fuse, etc..) Also, I live about 2 hrs from the dealer where I bought the TB (its near my hometown, I moved to the city where the college I went to was located)

Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
341 Posts
you should be able to take it in to any chevy dealer if it came with a GM certified used warranty

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
More likely it's the front axle actuator or the encoder motor on the transfer case, but those are not so easy to diagnose and will cost you $100-200 if you start swapping parts without a clear diagnosis. I'd try to schedule it to visit the dealer if they owe you.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got It.....

you should be able to take it in to any chevy dealer if it came with a GM certified used warranty
I wish it did, that would make my life easier.

More likely it's the front axle actuator or the encoder motor on the transfer case, but those are not so easy to diagnose and will cost you $100-200 if you start swapping parts without a clear diagnosis. I'd try to schedule it to visit the dealer if they owe you.
Oh ok, well I will give them a call today then. Gotta catch them before 30days/3000miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts