Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2800 stall Precision TC (don't like it at all) and a major issue is a very harsh TCC lockup. What makes matters worse is that the TCC unlocks the instant I let off the throttle and coast in 4th gear, which of course means the TCC has to lock up again moments later with another neck snapping bang. I've actually reduced this harshness by lowering the min. TCC duty cycle values.

My GTO does not unlock when coasting, it will only unlock when the speed or rpm values are met in the TCC tables. I cannot find any major differences between the GTO TCC tables and the Trailblazer tables. Anyone know how to prevent this unlocking in the TBSS?

I don't have any misfires when releasing the throttle, and I'm not meeting the criteria for 4th gear TCC release.

Todd

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
I know this is old thread but i felt like helping out.

Since you have a Vig TC, which mostly has multiply locks you need to lock the tc at WOT. Unless you have a Yank, you lock it at 4th gear NOT at WOT.

Another thing is that if you have a V8 engine, you have to set the PWM min to 90 and PWM max to 100. Do not do this if you have an I6 or V6 engine. Will damage your tc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts