Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted by MPG Products to let them use my TBSS as a demo for their product. The company had my SS over and the product should be coming out soon.

In case anyone is interested the website is www.calipercovers.com

Here are a couple pics of the process.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got the caliper covers today on the TBSS. Ours was the demo TBSS for them. They were getting all the orders ready to ship out. The red will really pop once we get the rims powdercoated black.

Front Left:

Rear Left:

Full view of it:

Oops:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
20 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of clearance with the rim. I know that the website lists the minimum but I want to make sure it will work with my 22's.

I sent a email inquiry to the company and was responded to quickly. Apparently they will fit, so I'm seriously on the fence as to ordering up some red ones with a custom black SS logo on them. I think that would look sweet! :)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
45 Posts
The problem I see with those is that they look as fake as they are.

I'd say paint your stockers, or get larger, functional calipers/rotors.
x2, not a fan. I'll stick to painted stockers, or do a functional caliper upgrade if I find the money tree I planted so many years ago.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
539 Posts
I've seen some covers that weren't awful...but also not a fan. I ordered a G2 kit to go with the new R1 Premium rotors and Posiquiet pads...I'll see how that looks.

Until, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the money tree finally takes off and I can do a brake conversion kit.

The one thing I'm skeptical of is the claims of reduced heat. I understand that there is the potential to act as a heat sink if designed properly, but these covers don't have the properties (finned to give it a huge surface area, good conductive contact with the calipers, etc.) of a real heat sink.

The video tests on their website showing reduced heat is questionable because they don't measure a covered caliper and an uncovered caliper - they measure a caliper and then the caliper cover itself. You'd have to pop it off and measure the caliper underneath to know if it really reduces heat where it matters.

(Sorry - the testing engineer part of me bursts out from time to time...)

But to each their own as far as looks go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.