Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 trailblazer_ss_3ss
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched but havent gotten a clear answer. Can you use the HDs from say shock warehouse on the front / back of a tbss? Any info much appreciated. mark

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
721 Posts
As I understand it, the answer is absolutely.

But, and there is always a but, just because they "fit" doesn't mean that they are the best choice. It all depends, as they say. I have heard it said that the stock TBSS shocks are much preferable to the HD Bilsteins because they give a much nicer/smoother ride. If you want a stiffer suspesnsion, you "can" put them on, but "do you want to?" is the more important question.

Generally speaking, folks tend to put too much shock on their vehicles. Keep that principle in mind when choosing a shock.

I put HD Bilsteins on the front of mine, and Avalanche shocks on the back, and while I am still evaluating them (no long trips yet), I do feel that I have too much shock. Not enough to make me take them off, but enough too much to notice, particularly at low speeds around town. If I had a full load of passengers and cargo all the time, they'd be great. But not with just me, or me and the wife, in the truck; the ride is a bit more uncomfortable.

Just my :m2:

Mark

ps I'll make you a deal. Buy a complete set of TBSS shocks and ship them to me. I'll pay for shipping and take off my Bilsteins and Avalanche shocks and send them to you. They have less than 500 miles on them. I'll pay return shipping. Even swap. :crazy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts