Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, folks I got to page 25 and said enough. I have a 2006 TB I bought used. Tonight the TB would not start after running fine for two years. It has little over 60k miles. The error codes I have received is the front and rear O2 sensor heating circuits failed and the traditional fuel gauge problem. It seems quite odd that I have both these codes at the same time the TB turns over but won't start. The check engine light has been coming on and going off by itself for the last week and half. O2 codes are p0135 and p0141. The vehicle did stall once this week. Also, I have seen an intermittent exhaust crankshaft position sensor errors well. Thought I may have caused the problem when I replaced the Idler pulley. The crankshaft position sensor error happened right the replacement.

The main thing I like would to do is a simple fix so as to get it running and get it home.

With this information I need to know if it is the starter switch, the fuel pump, or the O2 sensors that is causing the engine to turn over but will not start.

HELP!

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat .The O2 sensor shouldn't keep it from starting. Have you listened for the fuel pump to hear if it is running? Turn the key to the RUN position , not the START position. Did you hear it? Are all the fuses for the fuel pump and ignition good?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not troubleshot the problem yet. IT was dark last night. All I could do was get a code reader on it before it became pitch black. I need to get it fixed or towed today.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
47 Posts
Listen for the fuel pump, If you cant hear it running, take a rubber mallet or something and wrap on the gas tank a few times while someone is trying to start it. I work at a service garage and nine times out of ten that does the trick. Then you can at least get it home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts