Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i go outside to start my tb after it being parked for 2 days and i get the dash lights to come on. but when i go to accually turn it on i get nothing. put the key back and try it again. still nothing. after getting pist im banging on the darn steering whell i try it again and it turns on. so im like wtf. turn it off and try it again. it turns on. rather than take my chances and taking it to work i take my bmw to work. next day i look up what could be the promblem (traivoy.com of course) and i see it might be the ignition switch. i uninstall it and i think i might of left it in the acc position. not too sure. go to oriellys and they dont have it have to order it be in the next day in the a.m. which was fine.pick it up the next day but had to leave out of town. i come back the after and i get in and my alarm disengages but the locks dont work. get in manually and put the key in to put new ign switch. key gets stuck cus batterys dead. i jump the car and wait. try to crank it and no luck. i try the relearn since the battery was dead and the ses light stayed on. after 15 minit still didnt turn off. lil bro says to try to do the screwdriver on the starter thing. after a numerous times of sparks it cranks. leave it on to charge the battery. after about ten min i cut it off and try to start it and still no luck. do yall think the starter is bad. i checked the purple wire on the starter with the circuit tester and got no light. but i guess theres another wire in there that did get it. any suggestion? maybe faulty new ign switch? or new starter?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Sometimes when a battery goes - it goes quick. I'd pull it out and have it load tested somewhere. That'll eliminate that from the possibilities.

When you turn the key on, does everything work like normal except no start?

:undecided

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
How old is the battery in the TB? You have an '02 like me, and i'm on my 2nd battery (2 years ago).

If it's more than 4 years old, I'd bet on it being dead. As Chevytrlblzr says above, take the battery out and get it load tested somewhere that sells batteries.

One easy way to tell, is if the interior lights dim all the way, or almost all the way down when you try to crank the engine (leave the door open so they stay on), that is usually a sure sign of a dead battery.

Check your battery connections too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts