Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to remove my stereo about a month ago because I was in an accident. The accident didn't damage the amplifier, just some body damage, but there was quite an impact. My truck was repaired, well partly, I still need another rim and some alignment done, but I am driving it around until they can get it back in the shop. I installed the stereo stuff, and had a strange crackly noise when I powered it up, after that it was fine, I figured it may be because it was sitting and there could have been some dust that had collected. Anyway, after about 10 minutes of playing, it cut out without any warning, the amplifier wasn't in protect but didn't seem to be giving out any power. I checked all the wires, I found that one of the RCA wires was loose from the base at the amplifier, I could almost pull the wire right out from the rca end. I'm not sure what kind of testing I can do, but hooked up in the car I get absolutely nothing, I've checked the grounds, the fuse at the battery and the rest of the wires, nothing seems out of place. The subwoofer doesn't smell in any way, voice coil still looks copper and didn't show any signs of damage. The power light on the amplifier lights up, but thats it.

Anyone know of any other tests I can do, or should I just send it in for repair.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
the impact could of loosened some of the components solder. open it up, anything look fried?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm sending her off today, still under warranty!:woot: I should have it back in no time.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got it back last week, I inverted the subwoofer and gained a bit more bass out of it since my enclosure was built a bit small. I am loving this system once again, everything works flawlessly and looks great as well. I just need to re-vinyl it since the cats thought it was a scratch post. I know I should have included some pictures, I have been way too busy so they will have to wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts