Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I'm looking to add an accessory port that is controlled by the ignition switch.

Has anyone seen any threads about this, or have any insight?

I have an 07 Envoy, I don't care about placement, I plan on hiding it anyway.

Thanks,
~Todd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the ACCY handle the AMPS? or should I use a relay?

...this will be for my XM unit (Pioneer Inno), which as far as I can tell is stepping down to 5v, I don't recall the amps

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
81 Posts
You can use a relay... not really really that imperative that you do tho..Those types of units are not power hundry.. so its no worry if you dont.. I personally have never used a relay for stuff like...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I broke out the voltmeter and found an unused fuse in the engine compartment fuse box (which made running the power to under my dash much easier.)

Here's a Picture:

Find Fuse 23 (labeled ETC 10), and there are two unused fuse ports directly to the right (or behind it). These have leads on the passenger side, but not the driver side.

I picked up a 15 amp fuse, and wrapped my 18gauge wire around one side and popped it into the slot with the wire wrapped lead on the driver side, and the clean lead on the passenger side. VOILA!

...works like a charm!

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Switched Cigarette Lighter?

This thread gives me an idea. The left lighter socket on my TB isn't supplying any power. :mad: I took a multimeter to it, it ticks between 0 and 1 volt leading me to believe a connection has come loose somewhere. Ideally, I'd like to use my cell charger in the 'always on' plug, and run my GPS through a switched plug (it will auto shutoff when external power is cut unless overridden)

So my question is, does anyone forsee any issues disconnecting one of the cigarette lighter wires, and connecting it to something close by like say the ignition switch wire for the radio? :undecided

**Due to some faults with my aftermarket HU adapter, I've already spliced into most of the wiring in the center console anyway**

1 - 6 of 6 Posts