Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone point me in the direction of the switch for the reverse lights? both bulbs are good but they dont work. also is there a fuse for them? if so what is it called and where is it? oh yeah its a 2005 TB ls 4x4 auto. thanks!!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
580 Posts
Glad you found it. I drew a blank on the fuse #:duh: so I figured I would look it up for you. I just got a copy of the GM Service Manual (computer program) so I thought it would be a good chance to learn to navigate it....In the time it took for me to get the hang of using VM Ware you answered your own question! It was good practice for me though!:rotfl:

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Just to add some clarity to the original question, there is no reverse light switch.

We have a "switch" that indicates the transmission gear selection to the PCM.
The PCM concludes we are in reverse and communicates this to the BCM, the BCM turns the backup lead high lighting the bulbs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you found it. I drew a blank on the fuse #:duh: so I figured I would look it up for you. I just got a copy of the GM Service Manual (computer program) so I thought it would be a good chance to learn to navigate it....In the time it took for me to get the hang of using VM Ware you answered your own question! It was good practice for me though!:rotfl:
how do you like the program? how much did it cost?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add some clarity to the original question, there is no reverse light switch.

We have a "switch" that indicates the transmission gear selection to the PCM.
The PCM concludes we are in reverse and communicates this to the BCM, the BCM turns the backup lead high lighting the bulbs.
i saw this on another post when i was searching. what is the "BCM"? i know the PCM is powertrain control module...which is basically the computer right?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
580 Posts
how do you like the program? how much did it cost?
I love it...its great. Has every GM vehicle from 1980-2009! Just takes a bit of getting used to! I picked it up on ebay for $25! I think its one heck of a great deal!!:thumbsup:

i saw this on another post when i was searching. what is the "BCM"? i know the PCM is powertrain control module...which is basically the computer right?
Body control module

The BCM normally provides the following features:
• Automatic door locks
• Battery protection
• Chimes
• Compass/mini-trip support
• Courtesy lamps
• BCM diagnostic support
• Door lock inhibit
• Headlamp time delay
• Ignition key lamp
• Illuminated entry
• Instrument panel dimming
• Mechanical instrument cluster support
• Power door locks (with/without remote keyless entry)
• Sliding door memory lock
• Vehicle Theft Security system (VTSS)
• Windshield wipers / washers (front and rear)

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Body control module

The BCM normally provides the following features:
• Automatic door locks
• Battery protection
• Chimes
• Compass/mini-trip support
• Courtesy lamps
• BCM diagnostic support
• Door lock inhibit
• Headlamp time delay
• Ignition key lamp
• Illuminated entry
• Instrument panel dimming
• Mechanical instrument cluster support
• Power door locks (with/without remote keyless entry)
• Sliding door memory lock
• Vehicle Theft Security system (VTSS)
• Windshield wipers / washers (front and rear)
Kim, your good :thumbsup: :hail:

know the PCM is powertrain control module...which is basically the computer right?
It is "basically" one of the computers.

Today's trucks have almost all electrical features controller by a computer, or a module of a computer. It is really a distributed computing platform.
All computers and modules communicate over a data bus.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone!! great info! anyone know why my radio sounds like all the speakers are blown? no the speakers are not blown. i checked the fuses labeled "radio" and "amplifier" both are good. our radio has an amp attached to it right? i have read places on here where that is why the radio gets so hot. mine doesnt get hot...could that mean my amp is toast?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there. I have 2002 envoy xls. Im replace the back up sucket and accidentaly im touch the wire. Conclusion? Reverse light wont work in both side now. Im check the fuse and they are ok... I think about any relay connected to the transmission who sent the signal to the lights. Any sujestion please. I need to getting fixed please

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.