Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been working on my system for the past 2 nights. I've got the system working correctly as far as the door chimes and front speakers go.

The headunit does not have dedicated rear speaker outputs via RCA. The sub out doubles as a rear speaker OR sub out according to the instructions. How? I have no clue. When hooking the rear speaker RCA to the sub/rear output, i hear nothing unless i have the sub option on. Then i hear a VERY faint sound coming from the speakers and it seems to be with a low filter. Any ideas?

The biggest issue I am currently having is with the SWI-PS. Everything is hooked up correctly (i will double check the green wire at the steering column but i'm pretty sure its right) and is programmed for option 1. When i press the volume up/down button it changes the volume and also makes the headunit cycle through the preset stations over and over. The source down button lowers the volumne and causes the stations to cycle, but the source up button calls on-star. ???

Any and all help is greatly appreciated on these issues. If you have any questions that I can help answer to make it easier just let me know. I'd like to get my interior buttoned up before this huge snow storm hittin PA on wed so I will do my best to answer as quick as possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Have to check the owners manual on the speakers.:undecided

The swi;
You have to program it with a good charge in your battery, all heat and a/c off, and no interior lights, .......
It detects very small voltage signals and interprets them into commands. If your programming it to change stations and something else is on, it'll get a wrong input signal.
I had to redo mine because of it acting wacky. Now it's fine except for when the heated seats are on - a known issue. I usually don't use them and if I do for a minute or two I either put up with random station changes or turn the radio off!
Oh, and after I had to reprogram it, I moved to an easily accessible place - just in case.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Also, make sure you get the right wire - there are two small green ones (though I think you did if the buttons do anything...) It sounds like all it needs is a reprogram.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the assistance! The instructions never mentioned anything in regards to all other electronics being off. I tried reprogramming it again and I think i might have to do it once more. Thankfully i took your advice and moved it to an easily accessible location! Now when I hit all of the buttons (except on-star) nothing happens at first, but then about 10 seconds later the radio geeks out.

Thankfully the blizzard today made me take a day off so i will be spending it in the garage!

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there instructions on how to program the SWI-PS? The ones on the website say "hold program button, turn key to ACC, release button, press program button once, test buttons on steering wheel"

I've tried this, coupled with the information listed here (no extra power anythings) and now none of the buttons work, but the headunit will go mute after about 45 minutes of use and will NOT turn off until you turn off the car and open the door.

???

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Is there instructions on how to program the SWI-PS? The ones on the website say "hold program button, turn key to ACC, release button, press program button once, test buttons on steering wheel"

I've tried this, coupled with the information listed here (no extra power anythings) and now none of the buttons work, but the headunit will go mute after about 45 minutes of use and will NOT turn off until you turn off the car and open the door.

???
Maybe you're following the wrong directions? The website instructions are more detailed than that...

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i finally cracked into it again and I don't know if i'm doing something wrong still, or if my unit is messed up. I get to the programming part where I hold the volume up button until the light on the SWI goes off, which it does, and then i release the button about a second later, but it never comes back on after that, like the instructions depict. Until its about 7 seconds later and then it flashed 3 times, takes a break, then flashes once. (Showing the version number)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts