Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i have an 03 envoy, idk what size the bar is, but thats not the important part right now. I just replaced the sway bar endlinks and someone told me that the poly. bushings helped his jeep out alot in control/comfort. But he said he had alot of problems with squeaking. Now my question is, is it worth is going over to poly. bushings on an envoy? will it make much of a difference? And will it squeak? I am wondering if anyone has tried the poly. bushings for our cars even.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
IMO Poly bushings will help most vehicles. Put a good coating of a good synthetic grease will eliminate the squeaks. The grease may have to be reapplied on occasion.:m2:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
80 Posts
Just replaced mine...

I just replaced the front BUSHINGS on my sway bar....got them at NAPA for about $17 bucks, and let me tell you, the difference from that alone is NOTICEABLE. The end links need to be replaced too, but they'll have to wait, since they run about $63 fo each side. I ordered the rear bushings and will replace those later in the week.

Just wanted to pass on the info....if I can see this much of an improvement in handling from the bushings alone, i can only imagine how much better the ride will be when the links go in. WOW! :eek:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just replaced the front BUSHINGS on my sway bar....got them at NAPA for about $17 bucks, and let me tell you, the difference from that alone is NOTICEABLE. The end links need to be replaced too, but they'll have to wait, since they run about $63 fo each side. I ordered the rear bushings and will replace those later in the week.

Just wanted to pass on the info....if I can see this much of an improvement in handling from the bushings alone, i can only imagine how much better the ride will be when the links go in. WOW! :eek:
did you replace them with polyurethane?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Oddly enough, I just paid rockauto $33 and $41 (yes, different prices for each side, I don't know why) three weeks ago for MOOG K80824 and K80825. What part numbers were you seeing for $24?
Roadie, I think the links are more expensive for the '04 and newer TB's & Voys.....I saw the cheaper price he mentioned for my '02. Maybe they redesigned the newer ones and that caused the price increase:confused:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roadie, I think the links are more expensive for the '04 and newer TB's & Voys.....I saw the cheaper price he mentioned for my '02. Maybe they redesigned the newer ones and that caused the price increase:confused:
GM seems to redesign things that dont need to be redesigned... All the old ones needed was a zeek fitting to grease them. But Noooooo GM says, they are lifetime greased, because they have boots on them... Now what we should ask them is, then why isnt there a lifetime warranty on non-grease able parts :hissy: I bought mine from napa for about $45. I bought tierods from ebay, and paid abou 65 shipped for both. And all four of them came with zeek fittings.. Oh and has anyone heard of OE brand? i bought the tierods off ebay thinking it said OEM, but i got the box and it said OE brand :duh: was a little skeptical about the brand but my old ones were so bad, my tires in the front were literaly twice as worn as the ones in the back. and i could wobble the whole wheel with my hands...

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Thanks for the data. I would guess that "OE Brand" is supposed to make you *think* it means "Original Equipment" brand, but it's really made in China and it stands for "Oolong Engineering" or some crap.

Oh, and the name of grease fittings is "zerk". ;)

Here's a pic of "Zeke"

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha yea.. zerk, idk why i call it a zeek fitting but w.e. you know what i mean. they look just like the oem ones but with the ZERK fitting and a cotter pin for the bolt to the hub... if i have any problems right away or if they fall apart fast ill be sure to post something...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
If i want to buy front swaybar bushings which ones do i get for my 02? Im on NAPAs website and there is like 3 different choices of poly ones, i dont wanna end up getting the wrong ones

First one has a I.D of 1.42

http://www.napaautoparts.com/Master...scription=Sway+Bar+Bushing+-+Front+Suspension

Second one has a I.D of 1.72

http://www.napaautoparts.com/Master...scription=Sway+Bar+Bushing+-+Front+Suspension

And third one has a I.D of 1.8

Which ones the correct choice?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Well since i have a 02 i beleive that i have the biggest front swaybar available, supposidly my stock 02 swaybar is bigger then a SS swaybar, so i would assume it would be the 1.8" considering thats the biggest OEM fit that they carry and i have the biggest swaybar that GM puts on these

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
If i want to buy front swaybar bushings which ones do i get for my 02? Im on NAPAs website and there is like 3 different choices of poly ones, i dont wanna end up getting the wrong ones

First one has a I.D of 1.42

Second one has a I.D of 1.72

And third one has a I.D of 1.8

Which ones the correct choice?
Stupid question, but those bushings are sold EACH, and not as a Left/Right pair, right?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Oddly enough, I just paid rockauto $33 and $41 (yes, different prices for each side, I don't know why) three weeks ago for MOOG K80824 and K80825. What part numbers were you seeing for $24?
Yeah they are for my year 23.79$ for the fronts and 26.79$ for the rears

here is the link http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1412277,parttype,7580

yeah i checked yours and I don't know why but your rears are the same price but the fronts are more expensive :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
To get back to the original subject of this thread, polyurethane bushings are a huge improvement over stock - they give a much silkier feel to even straight-ahead driving on smooth roads. I have seen at least three different sizes for front swaybars on Envoys, so don't guess - get under there and measure it! The front bushings are a standard pattern and you can get what you need from Summit quite reasonably as long as you can find the right part number for the size you need; they are on this forum somewhere, try a search. As far as I can tell, the rears are unique and no one makes a polyurethane replacent so you are stuck with stock:(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts