Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i replaced the sway bar end links today was quite a simple and fast job. Used a torch and blew them out on the front and used a grinder with a cutting blade on the back. Zipped all 4 off in a matter of 15 minutes:) Put the new ones on (Moog end links) and they are so much better. I used to have a ton of sway coming in and out of parking lots/businesses with steep driveways...not anymore. Very happy with moog end links and again after working on this vehicles mechanical parts for the first time I have to say wow GM Engineers are morons. They make things a pain in the arse on purpose. All they want you to do is take your car to dealership so they can make more money.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
22 Posts
I just did my fronts on my Rainier. Allen wrenches? Really? This isnt a piece of furniture. The Spicer/Rabestos replacements are much better, bolt on opposite side of sway bar for something to tighten against...much recommended!:)

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
I hope that's my problem,I also have alot of sway and notice tons a play in them and squeek noise going over speed bump slow.1st changed rear shocks and rear bars and kinda a help,now I just need some time to put the front ones in.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
22 Posts
I just drove it this morning, no more "rattling" noise. I actually only replaced the driver side Link and both bushings. I will be replacing the passenger link today (store was out of stock yesterday). Sounds much better, and almost feels better too. Would recommend the Napa brand (spicer) They are greasable.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
212 Posts
Thanks for the post. I was getting some crazy noises from the front of my truck and the dealer "couldn't find the problem". Well while putting my drop on with a friend who has a good history with working on cars he noticed play in the end links right away. We put it back together and the noise is almost all gone because there is more pressure on them from the drop. I'm trying to work out getting the dealer to replace them now since we found the problem. If that doesn't work I'll be giving an aftermarket set a try.

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
Watch the Spicer end links, I came across a lot with tiny holes in the boots, returned them all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts