Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I recently did my rear end links and sway bar bushings on my 03 Trailblazer.

I think a missed something, because on one side, I can see the bolt where it connects to the frame moving up and down as I rock the car. I cranked it down as tight as I could on the repair, and checked the diameter of the new end link bolts against the old ones, same diameter. The hole is too big where it meets the frame! Is there supposed to be a cylinder or bushing or washer in there to size down the frame mount hole to the end link bolt diameter? Only a problem on one side so far... I’m scared to take the other ones apart and check, those are so hard to take off and put on with the stupid Allen key head and using and end wrench. Any tips are appreciated. For now I’m going to try and crank it down more to sandwich it. In the photos, you can see where some washers should be, the new ones didnt come with enough to replace the old ones, and I had to cut the old end links off with a cutoff wheel because they were so stuck. This repair has been never ending.
passenger upper 1.jpg passenger upper
passenger upper 2.jpg also passenger upper

passenger lower 1.jpg passenger lower
passenger lower 2.jpg also passenger lower
driver lower 1.jpg driver lower
driver lower 2.jpg also driver lower
driver upper 1.jpg driver upper
driver upper 2.jpg also driver upper
passenger lower 1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Let's see if I can interpret your pixs.....

Counting from the nut, you'll get these parts in order.... so check out if you have all the parts you need to make up the length....

• FIRST, THE THROUGH BOLT THAT ALL THIS STUFF NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED UPON.....
  • NUT>
  • WASHER>
  • RUBBER>
  • then the actual sway bar eye itself then>
  • RUBBER>
  • WASHER>
  • TUBULAR SPACER>
  • WASHER>
  • RUBBER>
  • the the control arm eye, then>
  • RUBBER>
  • WASHER>
  • THE HEAD OF THE THROUGH-BOLT.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,277 Posts
The mounting hole on the chassis is probably enlarged due to previous looseness of hardware. A repair will entail welding a large washer with the proper size hole to the chassis area.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The mounting hole on the chassis is probably enlarged due to previous looseness of hardware. A repair will entail welding a large washer with the proper size hole to the chassis area.
I couldn't see that in those pics. But I have old eyes and you younger guys gotta help a bit.

Yeah... if that's the problem, what you say would be a great idea.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
230 Posts
That or round the hole and shim/bush the hole to proper size with a washer on both sides .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts