Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to come clean right off. I do not have a Trailvoy, but instead I have a 1977 Jeep CJ7. Now that's out of the way. My friend has a 2004 Trailblazer (Vonfeldt7 on the forum) and I have to say WOW! on what you guys do with the stupid balljoint and CV shaft through the oil pan.

In the Jeep world the cure to flex, or lack there of, is disconnecting the swaybars for slow rock crawling type trails. I haven't been under my friends to really get a good look at how these connect but in theory it could help your flex (off highway use only of course)

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Two us have already installed JKS quicker disconnects adapted from XJ's. They work. A bit more articulation. In general, we're thwarted by lack of ground clearance more than lack of traction on steep rocky trails, because the trails that require articulation are also the ones that we would hang up our gas tank and so forth without more underbody armor.

Thanks for thinking about us, but we're already on the case. We share the front differential with the H3 (pre-alpha) and share their frustration at not having a locker available as well.

But then we get into the age old debate. If we beef up one part, then all that will happen is the next weakest one will break. Much easier to not aim for extreme rock crawling as our goal, but for expedition driving. So more of us are members of expeditionportal.com than pirate4X4, for instance. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts