Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Gmc Envoy XL Denali w/ 5.3L RWD, thinking about swapping in USED (72k) 2007 Trailblazer SS 6.0L w/ RWD 4L70E comes with engine,tranny,wire harness and ecm.
Any problems that I might encounter? I've been hearing about a second sensor on tranny, Is there a fix for that? How can I wire that up? Do they sell some kind of harness for that.

It's eithier that or pull my 5.3L and getting a Fresh rebuild and adding Cam, some port work, and slight deck to the heads, maybe some headers and ALOT of Tuning. But then I'll still be having a tranny issue down the road. Knocking at my door

Has anyone successfully done a Trailblazer SS swap into any kind of TV?

Thanks for any info in advance

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
11 Posts
I realize this thread is a bit old but I'll chime in as I come from the LS world.

I wouldn't really worry about the 4L60E too much (the 6.0L will bolt right up)...it can take a lot of power before it breaks and even if it does, that trans can be built to handle 1100 hp easy......Look at Mad Dog Transmissions....
http://www.maddogtransmissions.com/default.asp

I just bought a 4.2L-I6 for my son and had to really fight myself not to buy a 5.3L V8 one......Thats a GREAT engine. Stock bottom+ported heads+ported LS2 manifold+cam=450whp.......the LS2 6.0L can easily go 500whp.

Also....the 5.3L stock engine can take A LOT of boost.....like 18-20lbs before the heads lift. With a ZR1 cam that engine can make 700+whp......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts