Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bravada has 125K KM's on it. At what point should the shocks be changed?

I am looking to replace with Bilstein HD's. I understand they will provide a firmer ride.

I also have a question about the Hotchkis Rear Sway bar kit - SKU 2272. The web site states it will fit 2002-2008 Trailblazers and Envoys. Will it also fit on a 2002 Bravada?

Thanks in advance for the replies and help.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
...and some say the shocks should be changed as soon as it's off the production line!
I've heard of people changing them with less than 50K mi. and having a drastic improvement.
I've bought mine - just didn't install them yet. (43K)
The Shock Warehouse has great prices and is a site vendor.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
My rear shocks were replaced at 35k miles. Those things were horrible. Nobody has bought mine if you want them lol I had them listed on craigslist but the ad expired. Might as well put them and the stock springs back up.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
33 Posts
I just replaced the rear shocks on my '02 Envoy (68K miles) with Bilstein HDs. I will give a nod to Bilstein as the stock blacks still had more resistance rebound than other used shocks with far less miles. I have new struts for the front but the upper mounts didn't come with my order (figured I'd do it all at once). I have to say Shockwarehouse is quick and very reasonable (except for the upper mount hiccup which could be backordered). The site discount + the Bilstein buy 3 get 1 free + free shipping is a great deal.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
IMO, anytime after 75K is time to chuck the originals, although I waited until 100K, as they seemed to hold up well, and passed the bounce test.

As mentioned above, the Bilstein HD's are a good shock, and the ShockWarehouse deal can't be beat....their a good bunch of guys running that company. :yes:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
I agree I put the Bilstein HD in the front and for the back I used Monroe Load Leveling shocks which I love especially when towing or loading a lot of crap in the ol TB. I purchased mine through Shockwarehouse and they came surprisingly fast as well.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
I just bought my TB, and I plan to use it mostly for long highway drives and the occasional pulling my popup camper, but it will very rarely see anything but pavement. I currently have 45K on it. Just curious, how firm are the Bilsteins? Anyone have any recommendations for eventual replacements that might have a little more cushy ride? I don't want the truck to be completely useless for off road, but I don't want it rock solid either

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
I changed my factory shocks at about 101,000.
Went with the HD's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts