Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 4 dr extended Trailblazer. It's been in the garage from the day I brought it home, i.e. never out in the weather. My problem is that the suspension creaks and groans when it's dry out. No amount of WD-40 seems to make it go away. Any ideas?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
If it creaks and groans only when dry not wet, you are probably spraying the wrong areas. Those noises are usually associated with anti-sway bar bushings and control arm bushings. Also a fast and easy check is to grease the bumper stops at the leading edge of the hood.:m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Specifics

It appears that the groans are coming from the suspension rubber parts, similar to when the old "A Frame bushing" would get "dry" and need lubed, but spraying doesn't seem to be helping. I've sprayed all of the rubber I can find but the groan (after hitting a bump) doesn't seem to be going away. Any thoughts were to look? Or a better spray than WD-40?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
WD40 is not a penetrating oil, and PB Blaster is designed to get into metal parts. But even PB Blaster isn't going to penetrate the entire extent of the anti-sway bar bushing, and I think you need to disassemble them and use proper chassis grease, manually applied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts