Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm trying to figure out this clunking I have going on. I've had upper and lower control arms replaced along with ball joints and outer tie rods. The clunking only happens at slow speeds. For example when I make a stop as soon as I stop I can hear the clunk and if I pull up on a curb you can here it clunk multiple times. Doesn't clunk over big bumps. Also it clunks pretty badly when the vehicle is rocking side to side. I've looked underneath and the only thing I can find is the passenger inner tie rod has very slight play in it. Also if you firmly hit breaks you hear the clunk when the front of truck dips down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so after getting underneath and having somebody rock the truck side to side I find the sway bar bushings need replacing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so after replacing the sway bar bushings and end links the clunk quieted down somewhat but there is still a popping sound when I pull up on curbs. Also I just figure out when I turn my steering wheel all the way I feel a pop and the rack and pinion moves somewhat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts