Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built combination cross member spacers / engine mounts. Engine is in location, need to drill and tap some holes in my spacers, then should be able to bolt it in.

Thanks to Whitedevil for the idea of spacing the crossmember down. It looks like I may even be able to close the hood when I'm all done.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
I honestly did not think that this would fit at all, but it looks like you're coming along nicely.... did you use a smaller oil pan? I might see a notched hood in the future ;)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Moved to off topic since it doesn't involve the Trailvoy. Nice project though.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
hell yeah! im a huge supra fan along with envoys but since ill prob never be able to afford the supra i want im stickin with the envoy. good luck, nice project

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I honestly did not think that this would fit at all, but it looks like you're coming along nicely.... did you use a smaller oil pan? I might see a notched hood in the future ;)
Oil pan is off for engine fitting. Figured get the engine as low as possible and build a pan around everything else.

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
883 Posts
Sure ain't a 7M...I'm putting one of those together right now. Literally. I just finished putting the rods on the pistons and am about to file-fit the oil rings...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
wow that caught me off guard...i was lookin at it tryin to figure it out...3 of my boys got these 88ishh supras...all started 7m but we did a 1j swap in the one and a 2j in the other...i was lookin close and def doessnt look like either of those 3 so it had me thinkin:undecided a VERY uncommon swap but a sweet build up i gta show them these pics....props!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks to Whitedevil for the idea of spacing the crossmember down. It looks like I may even be able to close the hood when I'm all done.
Any time. That's a trick the mustang guys use to fit 351 and 460 based combinations under stock hoods.:cool:

So what direction will this project go? Street car? Plans for a turbo?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
71 Posts
Great project - I wouldn't have thought the TB 6 would fit in a Supra!

Please give us progress updates and more pics.

For a minute there I thought I was on the wrong site as I go to "celicasupra.com" sometimes for information about my 1985 Supra.

Pic of my Mk 2 Supra - I wonder if a TB 6 would fit?

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any time. That's a trick the mustang guys use to fit 351 and 460 based combinations under stock hoods.:cool:

Street. Hopefully, DD in the summer. Hopeing for a Holset HX40 turbo after I get it running. It's a perfect match and cheap.

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great project - I wouldn't have thought the TB 6 would fit in a Supra!

Please give us progress updates and more pics.

For a minute there I thought I was on the wrong site as I go to "celicasupra.com" sometimes for information about my 1985 Supra.

Pic of my Mk 2 Supra - I wonder if a TB 6 would fit?

Drilled and tapped my spacers, bolted them to the frame and subframe. Next step: custom oil pan. Not looking forward to that part.

You definitely need a 4200 in your car. So much lighter than a MKIII...

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
888 Posts
:drool:drool:drool This is a sick swap. I love the supra. My friends gf had an old celica supra and that thing was sweet. She sold it for about 1k more than she paid for it.

Seems like the 2jz makes about the same amount of power, once we can do some forced induction on the 4200 it will be really freaking sick. What tranny you using.

I like what we did with a guys vette when i worked with my uncle, to get the 572 under the hood, we made 1" spacers and put them in between the body and the frame, this was after we lowered the engine 2". This was to make the SC fit as well. You couldnt tell we raised the body and inch though.

I have seen some crazy stuff with the mustang guys, one guy hung weights in his engine bay to help keep the car from doing wheelies, of course this car would do low 7's in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:drool:drool:drool This is a sick swap. I love the supra. My friends gf had an old celica supra and that thing was sweet. She sold it for about 1k more than she paid for it.

Seems like the 2jz makes about the same amount of power, once we can do some forced induction on the 4200 it will be really freaking sick. What tranny you using.
I'm using a Solstice 5 speed which I already had behind my 7M. It'll bolt up to either engine with just a bellhousing change!

I think this engine is an evolutionary step above the 2JZ. You need to run about 10 psi on a JZ engine to make the power that the 4.2 makes naturally aspirated. I'm planning on a Holset HX40 after it's running. Can you imagine one of these beasts at 15 psi? Whoa.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts