Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
there is no kit out there. however if you search you will see travis did make a turbo trailblazer a few years ago. mind you this is a complete one off. everything is custom

now I don't remember but did the 2005 come with the P10 or P12 PCM? Maybe scarab will chime in and shed a little more light on this for you

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
05- = P10 PCM so boost unfriendly.
06+ = P12 PCM/E67 ECM so boost friendly.

Some late 05s have the 06 motor, have to pop the hood and look at the PCM, if it has 3 same sized connectors then its a P10, if they're different sized its a P12.

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
ECM issues aside there is a turbo manifold available from steedspeed. The rest is plumbing - got a sawsall and a MIG welder - 2 weekends and your plumbed.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
199 Posts
i have had plenty of boosted cars in the past its not worth the time or money bro i mean whats the point un less u want to take it off the road an turn it into a race vehicle then you would just drop in a big block.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
49 Posts
:coffee
05- = P10 PCM so boost unfriendly.
06+ = P12 PCM/E67 ECM so boost friendly.

Some late 05s have the 06 motor, have to pop the hood and look at the PCM, if it has 3 same sized connectors then its a P10, if they're different sized its a P12.
I'm trying to understand this a little better. Is your concern with the P10 not being friendly with a 2 or 3 bar MAP? Granted, if you can just use larger injectors and extending the MAP tables is a better way for boost, however, it isn't totally necessary. The Vortech setup I had on my S10 used an auxillary pump and FMU to add the additional fuel via higher pressure. I've also driven other turbocharged S10s and S10 blazers with this same setup the proved to be quite effective. The older computers like in my '98 weren't as friendly with boost as the 2001 and up models with the newer style PCM using a speed density setup and MAP sensors, which still isn't as good of an option as the Gen 7 DFI I'm currently using.

Anyway, I'm just wanting to better understand what the issues are with the P10.

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
Dang, that thing moved for what it was. Too bad they didn't make it.

As for choices, I went with a ProCharger D1. Should be on my doorstep soon, according to FedEx.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts
that is the only one in existence. GM never released any information on how they programmed it.
Which is why it's so hard for us to find ways to do it. Dang GM for not putting these into production or at least showing the world how they did it. :nono: :hahano:

·
Registered
16 Posts

After reading that, I am a bit upset they never put that into production. I did find a manufacture that makes the "bolt on style" turbos, but their site only specifies the SS http://ststurbo.com/chevy_trailblazer_ss. I am waiting on a reply back from them to see if works with the I6. Would be nice if it did work.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
After reading that, I am a bit upset they never put that into production. I did find a manufacture that makes the "bolt on style" turbos, but their site only specifies the SS http://ststurbo.com/chevy_trailblazer_ss. I am waiting on a reply back from them to see if works with the I6. Would be nice if it did work.
sorry to say it wont...

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts

No kits but it can be done. You just have to want it bad enough and be able to fabricate. My 4200 is turbo'ed using the steedspeed manifold the rest is hand built.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
And yes, they only make them for the SS. For an I6 you'd have to use a universal kit and have a shop make it work.

But then you run into how are you going to tune it...only way Ive seen work with a P10 (02-05 PCM) in a stock truck (ie not a swap) is to run a voltage clamp on the MAP signal to the PCM so the PCM never sees over 1 Bar of pressure and a rising rate fuel pump/regulator to push more fuel once you hit boost. Doable, but you have to get into piggyback modules to make sure you dont get the Reduced Engine Power mode and have it fall flat on its face.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's kinda what I figured, after seeing the one GM did I want one so bad now. Either way, with wants comes money$ and headaches. The idea is not dead for me, just in a planning stage until I can get everything worked out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts