Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a long conversation with Matt the owner of MC Raceing. He has made a working Super Charger Kit for the Colorado and has told me that he is going to look at what it takes to make it work on the 4.2 I6 I told him that I live in Minnesota and he said let me look into what it takes and I think hes going to build a kit for me. I was wondering if there was any of you out there interested in a SuperCharger for your I6 . Here is the info you need.

MC Raceing
Matt
913-789-9888

Matt is the Owner

I am thinking of driving down from Minnesota to have this done. They more people we get the cheaper it will be over all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
I had a long conversation with Matt the owner of MC Raceing. He has made a working Super Charger Kit for the Colorado and has told me that he is going to look at what it takes to make it work on the 4.2 I6 I told him that I live in Minnesota and he said let me look into what it takes and I think hes going to build a kit for me. I was wondering if there was any of you out there interested in a SuperCharger for your I6 . Here is the info you need.

MC Raceing
Matt
913-789-9888

Matt is the Owner

I am thinking of driving down from Minnesota to have this done. They more people we get the cheaper it will be over all. :thumbsup:
Hell yea we are interested!!!
I'm sure almost everyone will want one. I know I deff want one. I guess I should start saving!!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
36 Posts
Keep us all posted on the progress of this. I'm sure there would be considerable interest in this kit if it is reliable. Also mention to them about vendor status on this site!!

:thumbsup:

MC Raceing
Matt
913-789-9888

Matt is the Owner

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has a working super charger kit right now but no one has asked him about it for a 4.2 I6 so I told if you build they will come. I spent $6,300 on rims and a system, you can bet if someone would have told me there was a super charger for my TB thats where I would have dropped the money. I am not saying that he said it was Over $6,000 for the kit INSTALLED. I am just saying I would have put the money to better use. I have some mechanics here that would be more than happy to put a Super Charger on my TB for $10,000 but I am in the same boat as everyone else. Please feel free to contact Matt and let him know that you are interested as he is already looking into makeing it work, but it will prove to him that we have an open market. Then hopefully we can get the Blue Prints off of him and post that on here for all of us. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
like i said in teh other thread.. i am very interested btu i aint getting my hopes high... this happens every few months... someone says they will make one for us... then they get to looking into it and then drop back saying they cant make it.. or they dont want to..

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
Has he ever messed with tunes for the I-6? It's a different animal then the I-5. Thats where the downfall has been with getting a supercharger. No one has really been able to crack the PCM to get a supercharger to work:(

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Has he ever messed with tunes for the I-6? It's a different animal then the I-5. Thats where the downfall has been with getting a supercharger. No one has really been able to crack the PCM to get a supercharger to work:(
See this is only half true man, 02-05 PCMs are a completely different beast but 06-07 are IDENTICAL to 04-07 Coly/Canyon PCMs and 08-09s use the E67 which has factory boost support.

Has anyone been listening to me, I mean seriously guys Im 95% sure right now I know how to make the 02-05 P10 run boost using just a GM 2bar MAP and some tuning tweaks. I just dont have the $$ for the 2Bar MAP, they're like $50 bucks that I dont have right now. Maybe here in a few weeks once I get a job and start making some $$.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
See this is only half true man, 02-05 PCMs are a completely different beast but 06-07 are IDENTICAL to 04-07 Coly/Canyon PCMs and 08-09s use the E67 which has factory boost support.

Has anyone been listening to me, I mean seriously guys Im 95% sure right now I know how to make the 02-05 P10 run boost using just a GM 2bar MAP and some tuning tweaks. I just dont have the $$ for the 2Bar MAP, they're like $50 bucks that I dont have right now. Maybe here in a few weeks once I get a job and start making some $$.
i have been listening... i'll tell u what... i'll bring my truck to washington... and if u set up the whole thing... i;ll buy u a 2bar map... and a pizza with a case of beer of ur choice... hell i'll buy ya a keg...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
17 Posts
MC Racing is a shop very local to myself. I've heard nothing but very good reviews about their work. ATI Procharger is also right up the street. If i had the money, I would have them mock one up, but I'm broke, lol.

I can say these guys wont disappoint though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I posted his number on here for you all to call with your opiniouns. I am sure if there is something you know that he doesn't and hes willing to attempt the mod then give him a call and throw him a few words of wisdom. Lets make this work instead of waiting for it to fail as everyone seems to say it does. I have the money to get this done I will pay this guy to make it work. I know they make a Super Charger Kit for the SS TB, lets get one made up for everyone else who owns a 4.2 I6, I will continue to work this issue as far as I can. I am going to contact the PCM for less people and put them in contact with Matt and make this work!!!!!!:yes:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am still working on this as I have said before I can see that people are interested as there has been over 470 views, there is a kid on here from the shops home town. I am trying to get him to bring his TB in to have the owner map everything out, well seew what he wants to do. I live in Minnesota I am not sure where to find a shop here that will do it for a reasonable price. I guess I am looking for some support on this. I hate to say it but I might as well buy an SS and forget it. Seems that no one really wants a supercharger for there I6. :hissy:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
That's only because of how many times it has been gone over and over. Making one fit is no problem, but I believe the issue was with the PCM and programming. All kinds of problems. I think someone on here actually took the plunge and tried an install and could keep the trailblazer running. If your dog craps in your shoes every time you go out, you kind of start to expect it. Or give up the dog.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Seems that no one really wants a supercharger for there I6. :hissy:
there is a long list of people that want it.. but not everyone is in that area... not everyone can afford to drop a daily driver off for a few weeks to work on it... and as said.. we have had this same thing happen.. prove us wrong... we have called shops only for them to go.. nope never mind, were not going to do it... what do u want us to do? would u like me to drive up there and drop off my daily driver for them to use? and then i'll just walk back to chicago for the mean while?

there is nothing here that we can do... if they dont decide to do it, it aint any of our faults.. every company knows theres a demands for every motor a super charger... they just dont want to spend the money... if someone does then they will sell quite a few... but untill they say "We have a guaranteed to work super charger for the I6 4.2L motor" all it is, is u saying that there saying there going to make one...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
17 Posts
I called the shop, "MC Racing". They are a very short drive for me (like 20 minutes) I left a message for Matt to call me back. I have mondays off and will gladly sit around while they check things out, but there is no way that I could leave my TB there while they tear it apart to try **** to it. Its my DD and the only vehicle I have. So if its something he can to with for a few hours, then awesome. But if it involves me leaving my vehicle there for more than the few hours I'm available to sit around, then I cannot be of much assistance.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
The thing is this engine can only handle so much power to begin with without building the stock internals along with the transmission as well. If you want to get some FI in there without beefing stuff up your probably aiming for around a 65-85hp gain. Nothing too crazy.

I don't see what the issue with the ECU is though, I am having trouble tuning a Yaris ECU, but we're getting through it slowly but surely, and this is with no ECU flashing tools!.... There definately is a way to make this ecu work with FI its just only like 4 people have done it so far... I bet all you would need is an upgraded 2 Bar map sensor and scale the tables on the ecu, i mean hell, this engine already runs SD so you don't need to worry about clamping MAF signals...

I really want to get some more umph out of this engine, but no place offers an affordable solution...$6000 + for a supercharger setup is out of the question by all means...

·
Registered
gmc
830 Posts
boosted power gain

I'm running 9# boost on my stock 4200 - roughly 125HP add - NO issues with the stock internals. You will need at least 36# injectors though. The 4L60E with a good shift kit/sonnax billet servos and a .500 line pressure boost valve will handle the extra torque fine. I cannot comment on the stock TB rear axle as I'm not running one.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.