Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sunroof stops before closing all the way

I've search old threads about this and one thread was similar but it wasn't about a Trailvoy. When closing my sunroof it stops an inch before fully closing. You then have to let go of the button and push it again to close it all the way. Is this a safety feature or can something be adjusted? I checked and nothing is in the tracks. It seems to stop when it's pushing down the wind deflector piece that pops up when it is opened. It's been doing this for a long time but I can't remember if it was like this when the truck was brand new. No big deal, but if can fix it, I will. Thanks!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just driving my truck and I opened and closed my sunroof. It works fine now. After years of not working right and after starting this thread, it is now closing all the way with one push of the button. I did nothing to it but I'm not complaining. So I'll just keep an eye on it and mark this as SOLVED. I hope!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
mine too

I just joined today and am searching for a fix to this problem. Mine also stops before it closes all the way. Another push of the button seems to close it all the way. It is slow though which makes me think it needs lubrication.
Another post on here recommended regular preventive maintenance to the tracks.
Seems to make sense.
Now to find the right kind of grease to lubricate with.
Someone mentioned that the 'white' grease will attract too much dirt. That said, what lubrication is right?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
I've had a problem with mine where it would close about 2 inches then stop, and i would have to press the button again, and it would do the same thing. It took about 8 stops to completely close :undecided It did solve itself though :suicide:

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
873 Posts
I've had a problem with mine where it would close about 2 inches then stop, and i would have to press the button again, and it would do the same thing. It took about 8 stops to completely close :undecided It did solve itself though :suicide:
Mine has also done this ever since I bought the truck. Mine is not fixing it's self ? I wonder what the F ? :) Same thing though 5-6 pushes to close, any ideas ?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
when i bought the repair kit for mine.. it came with grease... it looked and smelled like regular chasis grease...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine still does it every once in a while. One push gets it to close almost all the way and I have to let the button go, push it again to close the last 2 inches. Sometimes it works perfect. I'm going to try the chasis grease now that it's nice out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts