Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on an old thread thinking that maybe someone would see it that involved in the initial post, but it's been silent since I posted about 3 weeks ago. I had to replace some of the track pieces in the sunroof that were broken. When I put it all back together, I made sure to have the drill bits in the alignment holes before installing the motor. Put the assembly back up, and can't seem to get it to re-learn where the 'closed' position is. I've got the instructions that came with the kit from Sunroofdoctor, and I'm following them as far as I can tell. I took a video of both the instruction sheet and me trying it out. If anyone can tell me what exactly I'm doing wrong I'd greatly appreciate it. I can bump it up little by little to get it to the closed position, but I'd rather not put the headliner back up until it's fixed in case I have to take it back down. For those of you that have done it, you know it's a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall. Thanks again for the help guys!

Here's a video of me attempting the procedure with instructions:
https://youtu.be/IGSSdiQD4vc

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
2 Posts
Press and hold the open switch for 10 seconds or more. The glass panel will move further rearward of the open position, stall at the hard stop, and move back slightly to the soft stop or full-open position.
In your vid, you released the switch after the hard-stop/soft-stop movement. Gotta hold it more than 10 seconds, even if the glass has finished it's deal. Releasing it early is essentially telling the controller to abort the cal. :yes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!! I didn't see this reply until just now. My email notifications must be all messed up. I'll try it when I get home from work and report back with the results.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
2 Posts
Any luck?

GMspeak is hard to translate into English sometimes. These sunroof instructions would be much easier to decipher if they'd left out the part about the panel movement and just said 'Press and hold the open switch for more than 10 seconds.' eSI is chock full of little quirks like this, where it only really makes sense after you've seen how a procedure works in the real world.

It also doesn't help that there are two separate but slightly different calibration procedures, one for a new motor/module and another one for reinstalling the original.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly no. I was going to take another video but the weather has been bad here whenever I have free time. I consciously hold it down longer than the 10 seconds, and it still stops just short. Thinking I might let the motor stop at what it thinks it closed, remove the motor (without unpluging it), manually bringing the sunroof the the actual closed position, and then mounting the motor back in place. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to get to the screws on the motor seeing as how they come in from the top. Don't know if there is room with the unit being installed in the vehicle. Might have to drop the back of the unit down a bit. Doesn't sound like fun. Kind of an FML deal.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
I need help too

2007 GMC Envoy, My sunroof opened but now will only move about 3 or 4 inches then stops. the glass appears to be jamming against the top of the track on the back half of the window. Any Idea how to get it to move forward?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's jammed up, your best option is to bite the bullet and remove the assembly. It sucks, but it's better than breaking something like I did and having to take it down in the end anyway. Odds are, one of the pins in the carriage assembly came off track. Sucks dude (chick?).

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
Rigged

I loosened the bolts that hold the sunroof on and that allowed me to get it to move to closed position. I was able to determine that the plastic "slider" thingy was broken, this allowed the glass to move up against the top of the truck and jam. I took the glass off and positioned the slide mechanism in the correct position (not an easy task) and put the glass back on and adjusted it in the hole. I then unplugged the switch and will leave it shut. We have very few days here in Texas that we can open the roof anyway.

Sure appreciate this site and thanks to you guys for your post which have helped me many times.

I am a Dude BTW:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you got it temporarily fixed. Mine broke, I ordered the parts in the next couple days, and then took about 5 years to actually take the headliner down and do the repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts