Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went to open my sunroof for teh first time since winter struck today. it flips up but will only go back sometimes its like its sticking on one side (passenger) and when it does go back it makes a loud click. has anyone had similar problems? i was told that if theres a problem i have to order the whole assembley, sliders n tracks n what not from the dealer at a big expense. i have yet to take it apart as i am doing household renovations. if anyone knows somewheres to get parts let me know. i also tried to search for sunroof and never found much so maybe im the first?:weird::confused:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot, strange i never saw that in my search but imma take my glass out and see if it is the same, but mine opens upwards right but is sticky going backwards and clicks, might be same problem

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
when mine busted, it would open and close and pop up, except the passenger side (the side with the broken part) i would have to help it along just to get it closed. as mine was stuck in the open position when it snapped... when the passenger side was broken and i let it alone it would stick and the motor would click. when u open or close it, do you notice one side drag behind the other side?

not saying that is whats wrong with yours, but if it is, got some extra direction for the repair.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
actually thats exactly like mine, at least i knows how to fix it (once it gets a lil warmer):woohoo: and thatnk god it aint a dealer only part. do u know if i can get that part seperate from the whole kit or is it a all in one deal, guess ill check the website.:thx:hail:

imma e mail them and see, never hurts to ask

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
actually thats exactly like mine, at least i knows how to fix it (once it gets a lil warmer):woohoo: and thatnk god it aint a dealer only part. do u know if i can get that part seperate from the whole kit or is it a all in one deal, guess ill check the website.:thx:hail:

imma e mail them and see, never hurts to ask

its an all in one... and i would recomend replacing it all... u could repair that one piece then the next one will break... mite as well replace all the old parts with new ones.. :m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
this happened to my wife's trailblazer. gm wanted $1k for a new cassette, my cost, and they couldnt even find one. called up the junk yard. got a used one for 75 bucks

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
63 Posts
Sunroof wont close all the way

My is having a weird problem i have searched through all the forums here and cant find anyone who is having the same issue as me. mine will go back fine but when i go to close it, it wont close all the way and it will not go up what so ever its a 2004 trailblazer ltz. Any ideas im not sure i want to tackle replacing the thing but i will if i have to.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah buddy u have the same problem, the peice is gone crooked and jammed, someyimes i have to push mine back into place to get it to go up or once it is up push it to get it to slide back. either way u have to replace the kit same as mine, looks like a big pain in the rear actually, job for summer with warmer weather lol not in the snow

·
Registered
2002 chevy
195 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread. But mine is kind of like this, but no noises, no clicks. The motor pulls the sunroof down so it can slide and starts to slide on the driver side, but the passenger side it stays still with no movement. Then because it obviously cant go back crooked and stops. I can push the close option and it returns forward on one side and closes all the way. Vent mode works fine where it pops up. I wish there to be a way to just shoot some grease in there and it be fine. Please don't tell me I need this kit. Not trying to blow 119$ from my SS Clone Budget.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I need help, I'm about to pull my hair out! I used the sunroof doc kit to replace everything on my '08 Trailblazer, and it opens fully and closes and raises up to seal in the proper closed position. But now it will not tilt up to the vent position. Has anyone else had this problem?
Jon

·
Registered
2003 gmc trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I rebuilt mine a while back and iirc there were two kits available, one had the vent function and the other kit did not. It may be the kit, or need some alignment. I used this video to do mine.

I hope it helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts