Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is official. I called today and a few guys from tbssowners Dot Com offered their trucks up for Prototypes. It may be a few months.. But worth the wait as usual!!!

I am a happy man.. I don't like DJM arms..

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
Do you not like the arms cause they don't like the arms? I'm not trying to be a smartass but I used to sit at 29" ground to fender and never had a problem with the DJM arms. Even at that height I only tapped on big bumps not constantly like others say they do.

I only lifted back up to 30.5" cause I broke a QA1 coilover.

Either way I like the fact that theyre gonna make somthing new for our trucks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I use their adjustable panhard bar because lifted and dropped trucks need the exact adjustment made to center the axle.

We need the opposite adjustment to the upper ball joint. Hmmmm, wonder if they can be persuaded to flip the design for us?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you not like the arms cause they don't like the arms? I'm not trying to be a smartass but I used to sit at 29" ground to fender and never had a problem with the DJM arms. Even at that height I only tapped on big bumps not constantly like others say they do.

I understand your comment. But I do have a lot of experience with suspension work. DJM has always been down on my list of preferred parts. I have seen their control arm welds break. I have see this happen on a Dodge Dakota, and an S-10. I bought all my air bag parts from SD. I have never ran into a quality issue.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Oh, puhleeeze do. Tell them I've helped sell 3-4 adjustable panhard bars of theirs to the offroad crowd, after I bought mine. We just need UCA with the ball joint angled the other way. Well, maybe a bit longer to put our camber back into the adjustable range again. I could give them specs, if they are willing to entertain the thought. Could probably sell 6 sets right away to the usual suspects.

And you can show them James Downing's truck or any of the lifted ones.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use their adjustable panhard bar because lifted and dropped trucks need the exact adjustment made to center the axle.

We need the opposite adjustment to the upper ball joint. Hmmmm, wonder if they can be persuaded to flip the design for us?
Hell ya I am in, I have to do uppers real soon the boots a ripped from being smashed so far over.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,140 Posts
It is official. I called today and a few guys from tbssowners Dot Com offered their trucks up for Prototypes. It may be a few months.. But worth the wait as usual!!!

I am a happy man.. I don't like DJM arms..
I hope they can give a better price than DJM's upper arms. :yes:

Please let us know if they're out already :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Or allow us to buy ONLY the control arms and not the shorter yoke bundled with them. Last time I checked you can't buy just the arms. (But at least with the GF springs I'm within alignment spec and don't bald tires).

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Or allow us to buy ONLY the control arms and not the shorter yoke bundled with them. Last time I checked you can't buy just the arms. (But at least with the GF springs I'm within alignment spec and don't bald tires).
Tony @ ssowners has been selling just the arms for a while

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
:rolleyes:
...is it cause he recommends coilovers to everyone?
Exactly. Even offroaders like me, as a substitute lift tactic. Even though the shock mounts are CLEARLY too weak for the purpose compared to the spring mounts. I only argue elementary physics once with folks before writing them off as lacking of clue.

When the only tool you own is a hammer (coilovers), every problem looks like a nail.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts

djm are terrible for me while driving on the city with terrible road conditions. Even with the alignment, wheel balance, and tire rotations the truck still shakes like a drunkin mad man:hissy:. I just hope this company can fix this problem.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
djm are terrible for me while driving on the city with terrible road conditions. Even with the alignment, wheel balance, and tire rotations the truck still shakes like a drunkin mad man:hissy:. I just hope this company can fix this problem.
shaking is from bad parts or bad instalation. Have you had the front end checked? Mine is just fine @97K miles.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
shaking is from bad parts or bad instalation. Have you had the front end checked? Mine is just fine @97K miles.
yup ball joints, etc were replace and still.

when i got my 22in rims with the stock arms my truck ran just fine no shakiness what so ever. but when we installed the djm arms that is when the truck drivablity was terrible.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
yup ball joints, etc were replace and still.

when i got my 22in rims with the stock arms my truck ran just fine no shakiness what so ever. but when we installed the djm arms that is when the truck drivablity was terrible.
Have someone go in there and try to turn the control arm bolts. The welded nuts came loose on mine once and I had to fix them. I found that out after my rear coilover broke. If they turn real easy them that could be the problem.

You could also have a bad tire that causes the shake.

The control arm is a solid part exept for the bushings. If they are worn out then you could also have movement there. The arms themselves won't cause your symptom. It's the components around them.

Also, did you do Tonys mod with the upper ball joint pinch bolt? My left arm was slightly off and I drilled it for the bigger bolt but I never had a problem.

BUT I would still like to see these arms made. Just like with the headers and my truck being at Stainless Works for 7 weeks. We need the parts. If another company sees this stuff being made they might wanna dip in and make something.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
You could also have a bad tire that causes the shake.

The control arm is a solid part exept for the bushings. If they are worn out then you could also have movement there. The arms themselves won't cause your symptom. It's the components around them.

Also, did you do Tonys mod with the upper ball joint pinch bolt? My left arm was slightly off and I drilled it for the bigger bolt but I never had a problem.
You mean the one with the APR size 7/16 bolts? yup stainless steel. But the tire thing...i doubt it since the truck was fine with the oem arms. BUT im getting my tires replaced from 265/35/22 to 265/40/22 since everybody claims that its the better size :weird: and these new tires are recommended for aftermarket rims, can handle the rain and the snow conditions.

BUT I would still like to see these arms made. Just like with the headers and my truck being at Stainless Works for 7 weeks. We need the parts. If another company sees this stuff being made they might wanna dip in and make something.
And you had to use the "B" word :nono::no:.

:iagree:at least they are going to be made stainless steel like the headers

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Any more info about these? I need ball joints and was thinking of trying a set of non-factory controls to see how they work for the lifted crowd. My stock are currently flipped and swapped side to side and still the tops of the tires are shoved way out. Need to figure out something to fix it.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
Any more info about these? I need ball joints and was thinking of trying a set of non-factory controls to see how they work for the lifted crowd. My stock are currently flipped and swapped side to side and still the tops of the tires are shoved way out. Need to figure out something to fix it.
Remind me again some time friday or Sat. I'll see Bryce this weekend and I'll try to find out what he thinks he could do. He should be able to modify some DJM arms but he'd probly need to know some info on what you need altered to make them work. I know you mentioned this to me before but I forgot to ask him:duh: Might be something where you would bring your truck to his shop and let him take a look at them. Would be nice to have some other options out there other then just the DJM :weird: Do you think more lifted guys would be interested in some if they were made??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts