Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Gurus,

I was looking at the new Toon shirts and absolutely love them - they are very cool! It got me thinking though that TrailVoy et al, doesn't in any way recognize the bastard children that share the same platform - AssEnder, Ranier, etc. I'm not suggesting that any changes to the current name, artwork, logo, letterhead, etc., be made to reflect this either. What I'm wondering is if the possibility exists of adding a sub-heading below or near The Chevy TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy Forum that acknowledges the sibling models. I also was thinking that it would be kinda nice if there was something.... anything available from the store that showed or listed the entire family of 360/370's. I for one would most definitely be interested in something like that. Heck, my AssEnder has a TrailVoy.com stiker in the back window which I display proudly! Don't get me wrong..... since I joined this forum almost 3 years ago, I have never once been treated any differently due to the badges that came attached to my truck when it left the factory. I have always been treated as though my truck was indeed a TrailVoy.
Anyway, thanks for your time.

Coach

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Just to point it out, you do realize that Joe is in the process of working on the other shirts, right? There is already a Rainier in the store, and the mugs and things list all of the trucks. Its not easy to get those shirts done, and the member that is working on it is doing it on his own time, and doing a fantasic job might I add.

While I don't disagree with your suggestion, I don't think you realize what is involved with making that type of change. Its not something that I think would make a difference, therefore I don't think it would be worth the time and effort.

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to point it out, you do realize that Joe is in the process of working on the other shirts, right? There is already a Rainier in the store, and the mugs and things list all of the trucks. Its not easy to get those shirts done, and the member that is working on it is doing it on his own time, and doing a fantasic job might I add.

While I don't disagree with your suggestion, I don't think you realize what is involved with making that type of change. Its not something that I think would make a difference, therefore I don't think it would be worth the time and effort.
Jman,

Thanks for the info reagrding the other shirts. I wasn't aware of that. :thumbsup: Reagrding the addition of the bastard children in the header, I don't expect that to happen and you're right, it won't make a difference in so much as increasing membership. I just thought it would be nice to see the other models included and recognized since they are largely swept under the rug in terms of acknowledging their existence by naming them ANYWHERE on the site other than in posts made by members. It's not my intention to open a can of worms with this suggestion. It was merely that - a suggestion.

Regards,

Coach

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Psh we dont speak to your kind around here.

:raspberry
And...... there it is.... Badge Discrimination! LMAO! Fact is my truck has no badges! And....... **I have to whisper this part..... my truck doesn't know it's not a TrailVoy** As soon as I decide which grill I want to replace the stock AssEnder grill with, you won't be able to tell WHICH model it really is!

I'm in a pissy mood.... I think I'm gonna go out and drop the bomb to my truck just to see its reaction hehe!

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve,

We should have something up in the store shortly with the, as you put it "step children" in it LOL I promise you, you will get some love!!
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Thanks Fish. And for the record, I didn't call them step-children. I believe the word I used was 'bastard' LOL!

Thanks again!

Steve :) :) :) :)
(Ooooo a new festive smiley! BLEH!!!)

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
steve people like you, me, and a few other have really been trying to get us Other owners recognized and there have been a lot of great strides made; the new shirts are awsome; and all 360's will have a shirt; and I would think that it would be cool though if in the header at the right where it switches between a pic of a trailblazer and envoy if it would switch between all 360's but it is also cool the way it is; just thanks for giving us t-shirts:thx

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just what we need..........the unloved siblings taking over the house :p

Oh Gawd, here we go.... Ray had to chime in on this too. Next thing you know us bastardized n'er-do-wells will all be holed up in some shrink's office taking turns on his couch telling him what our collective childhoods were like and why our mothers are not to blame for their inability to love us nor parallel park! :crackup:

Seriously though, I had no idea this subject had been brought up and apparently BEATEN TO DEATH!! :rotfl: From this point forward I'm going to refer you to my earlier post in which I stated that I had no intention of opening a can of worms.

(Steve walks away from his computer thinking to himself..... "I wonder if we can get a group rate with that shrink....." :undecided )

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
steve people like you, me, and a few other have really been trying to get us Other owners recognized and there have been a lot of great strides made; the new shirts are awsome; and all 360's will have a shirt; and I would think that it would be cool though if in the header at the right where it switches between a pic of a trailblazer and envoy if it would switch between all 360's but it is also cool the way it is; just thanks for giving us t-shirts:thx

Shirts? We're getting shirts? Well then....... what more do we need?! (I tease! I tease!) I picture the Admins' view of us as this group of zombie mouth breathers who live in the basement of TrailVoy.com and every once in a while they throw something mediocre at us just to make us think we're being included in the goodies. Meanwhile, the real TrailVoy owners live in the Emerald Forrest with all kinds of shiny new things that we can't even begin to imagine. LMFAO!!!

This thread is really starting to get funny!!

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Shirts? We're getting shirts? Well then....... what more do we need?! (I tease! I tease!) I picture the Admins' view of us as this group of zombie mouth breathers who live in the basement of TrailVoy.com and every once in a while they throw something mediocre at us just to make us think we're being included in the goodies. Meanwhile, the real TrailVoy owners live in the Emerald Forrest with all kinds of shiny new things that we can't even begin to imagine. LMFAO!!!

This thread is really starting to get funny!!

zombie mouth breathers:dielaugh:

but yeah with there being probably less then 10 of us active "other" owners on the site and the thousands of TB, TBSS, and EV owners i am happy with getting our own shirts:yes:

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zombie mouth breathers:dielaugh:

but yeah with there being probably less then 10 of us active "other" owners on the site and the thousands of TB, TBSS, and EV owners i am happy with getting our own shirts:yes:
And it goes without saying Kevin that us 'other' owners had better buy at least one of the corresponding shirts or we'll NEVER hear the end of it!!! LOL!

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now, regarding these new shirts..... where can they be viewed - or can they? I went to the store and there's no shirts of any kind there. And as for anything that isn't sticker packs or calendars, where is that swag located on the site?

Thanks!

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Does wanting a 9-7X Aero count as joining the bastard stepchild club? Hahahaha, just messing with you guys. Id be down to have it say whatever, I know deep down they're all the same just different badges and sheet metal. The guts which count are equal.:thumbsup:

Well stock they are, mines better than Steve's ASSender right now.:x

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does wanting a 9-7X Aero count as joining the bastard stepchild club? Hahahaha, just messing with you guys. Id be down to have it say whatever, I know deep down they're all the same just different badges and sheet metal. The guts which count are equal.:thumbsup:

Well stock they are, mines better than Steve's ASSender right now.:x
Oh no he didn't.....! LMAO! Do you mean this Aero?

Suhweeeeet!! I could def see myself driving........... ahh who the *$#&* am I kidding?! I'm a middle aged softball coach with a beer gut and a love for all things butter, sour cream, sweet and/or quick & easy! LOL! I could see YOU driving it though ya little whippersnapper!

Steve

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
And the reason you don't see the CafePress stuff from the TrailVoy Store is because I have not had a chance to get them in there yet. It's all good though, because Joe is still working to get the most popular items in there, this way I don't have to go back every 5 minutes and make changes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts