Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team I need a little help!
About 2 weeks ago some POS :mad: vandalized my Trailblazer(cant wait til my neighbor with video gets home). The damage i can see is my tires were slashed.
My problem is that when i opened up my gas cover the cap was lose. Does anyone know of a good way to check and see if something was put in my tank, short of dropping it?

Thanks
AJG

·
Banned
2005 buick rainier
87 Posts
Team I need a little help!
About 2 weeks ago some POS :mad: vandalized my Trailblazer(cant wait til my neighbor with video gets home). The damage i can see is my tires were slashed.
My problem is that when i opened up my gas cover the cap was lose. Does anyone know of a good way to check and see if something was put in my tank, short of dropping it?

Thanks
AJG
Sugar doesn't dissolve in gasoline. Pouring sand or dirt into the gas tank would have about the same effect. The sand or sugar might clog up the filter, and that could disable your truck.
Water can do more damage. Gasoline floats on top of water, so if you pour in several cups of water, the fuel pump will fill the fuel lines with water instead of gasoline. You can use a siphon with a hose that reaches the bottom of the tank and take a sample or call your mechanic.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
332 Posts
I would be more concerned about what was removed from the tank not something that was added.
You would see sugar grains in the filler area if they had poured any in.
More likely than not they stole your gas or tried to.....or were thinking about trying to set fire to the truck.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there some kind of damper or screen on the line between the tank and the filler? I could not get the tube to go more than maybe 1 or 2 feet down without it stopping. I even tried a Copernicus wire to act as a guide wire and it just would not go.
Dang ext and its longer everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wonder if that's the case the only way sugar could get by without would be to piggy back something that could by pass the valve correct since the siphon tube won't get by or even the wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts