Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 TB and recently purchased an under the seat subwoofer. Says to wire to battery, but my question is that due to having the other fuse box under left passenger seat, can i just wire to that instead of going thru the firewall

thanks

scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2005 TB and recently purchased an under the seat subwoofer. Says to wire to battery, but my question is that due to having the other fuse box under left passenger seat, can i just wire to that instead of going thru the firewall

thanks

scott

I don't believe you can without popping fuses if i remember correctly that is a secondly powered fusebox run by the ignition. Its ALWAYS best to run it through the fire wall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was wondering same thing.. your talking a all in one powered sub with amp in one?.. ive read we can use the rca output from an aftermarket deck and run an accessory wire to a fuse that turns on with ignition. But need confirmation can anyone chime in and answer our question???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering same thing.. your talking a all in one powered sub with amp in one?.. ive read we can use the rca output from an aftermarket deck and run an accessory wire to a fuse that turns on with ignition. But need confirmation can anyone chime in and answer our question???
After more reading and research, Im thinking this isnt a good idea, to many problems this way

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Wouldn't run it from the box in the backseat, depending on gauge of wire it may be possible to run it through the drivers side door and through the hood release latch. I have 8 gauge wire on mine and thats how I have it ran

1 - 6 of 6 Posts