Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im new to this site but do own a envoy, i have a xuv and was wondering if anyone has seen or owns a xuv with subs in the back. i wanted to know what you guys thought of the idea, my gf wants to put them back there but with all the hard plastic and moving parts thought it might rattle too much. I figured if i did do it I would put like a quick dis connect on it. Let me know.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
40 Posts
i got 2 12's in my TB they sound pretty good but ya everything rattles really bad. there really isnt any way around it. u could get some sound deadener thats about u.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
Mine DID sound good until they got stolen out of my garage last month in the middle of the day!

I didn't have any rattles! Was running 2 Kicker Comp C12s with a 400x2 amp.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
i have an 04 TB EXT w/ 2 10" alpine Type R subs in a ported enclosure. I only have noise come from the rear "pop out" windows when they are closed. I think its the air pressure trying to push its way past the window. Thats really the only noise i get. when i open the 3rd row seating windows it increases the subs volume and how deep they hit since your changing the air space inside the truck. Im not sure what would rattle if anything for the rear roof section, my TB has a sunroof and i get no noise from that so im not sure.... hope it helps some....

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
27 Posts
I just did this in my XUV. Had a hard time figuring out what to do while still maintaining the usability of the fold up seats/midgate/etc.... I also wanted a more or less hidden system behind the rear seats but in front of the midgate so i could use the back of the truck as, well, a truck since its my daily driver and i constantly have tools and supplies back there.

I ended up with an Alpine MRP-M500 amp and a wedge sealed box with an Infinity DVC 12" sub. Wired the amp to the power distribution box under the rear seat and mounted the amp on the back of the rear passenger seat. The sub itself sits behind the drivers side rear seat. Be careful of your measurements as its a tight fit. Oh yeah also used the PAC GM24 adapter to supply the amp.

Now i was going for accurate and tight bass and not absolute loudness, just wanted some bump to go with the Bose system. Also added some Kappa mids and tweets while I was at it. Haven't got it totally dialed in yet, but so far VERY happy with the results!

I get the sound i wanted and kept the usefulness of the XUV! Couple of quick disconnect wires and the sup pops right outta the way. Seats fold up no problem as well... just leave yourself some extra length on the wiring to allow for the seat movement. Plus its totally hidden from the outside - even looking in the windows you cant see anything. Perfect!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
I just did this in my XUV. Had a hard time figuring out what to do while still maintaining the usability of the fold up seats/midgate/etc.... I also wanted a more or less hidden system behind the rear seats but in front of the midgate so i could use the back of the truck as, well, a truck since its my daily driver and i constantly have tools and supplies back there.

Plus its totally hidden from the outside - even looking in the windows you cant see anything. Perfect!
got pics?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
27 Posts
here ya go... I haven't solid mounted the wiring yet b/c still experimenting with which side of the truck to keep the sub. Mounted the amp high enough on the pass side seat to still have usable space underneath.

Attachments

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
here ya go... I haven't solid mounted the wiring yet b/c still experimenting with which side of the truck to keep the sub. Mounted the amp high enough on the pass side seat to still have usable space underneath.
Thats very nice!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
I'd love to have some hidden subs in my XUV, but there is legit almost no place to put them. I can think of maybe a couple places, but its all going to be a bunch of work

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes well done on the maroon xuv but i have two kicker 15 and a kicker 2500 watt amp i was wanting to put in the back obviously because it wont fit inside anywhere, thats why i was worried about rattling so much. any input on that?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
if your worried about rattles, your gonna need a chit ton of dynamat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts