Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to be putting one of my Pioneer 12" TS-W300R subs in my truck. Until recently, I've had 2 Pioneer DVCs powered by a Rockford 501s amp. I've been riding around with no subs for a few weeks now and have started considering putting one of the other 2 subs I have laying around, in.... the TS-W300R... 150watts nominal, 600 peak. I plan on running this off of my Rockford 501x. Running my front door speakers off the front and the single sub off the rear bridged. The Amp is capable of handling i think 125 rms bridged at 4 ohms. The sub is looking for nearly that...so I should be good. I just want a little more bump...

Here's the thing... I thought I would get away with a truck style/sized box. Going to build it myself. The specs on the sub call for a 1.5 cubic foot enclosure... that seems like a LARGE box for a 600 watt max single voice coil sub.... Am I mistaken? The enclosure will be sealed... I'm not ready to build a ported box....

Thoughts? Thanks...
Mario

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
356 Posts
So I'm going to be putting one of my Pioneer 12" TS-W300R subs in my truck. Until recently, I've had 2 Pioneer DVCs powered by a Rockford 501s amp. I've been riding around with no subs for a few weeks now and have started considering putting one of the other 2 subs I have laying around, in.... the TS-W300R... 150watts nominal, 600 peak. I plan on running this off of my Rockford 501x. Running my front door speakers off the front and the single sub off the rear bridged. The Amp is capable of handling i think 125 rms bridged at 4 ohms. The sub is looking for nearly that...so I should be good. I just want a little more bump...

Here's the thing... I thought I would get away with a truck style/sized box. Going to build it myself. The specs on the sub call for a 1.5 cubic foot enclosure... that seems like a LARGE box for a 600 watt max single voice coil sub.... Am I mistaken? The enclosure will be sealed... I'm not ready to build a ported box....

Thoughts? Thanks...
Mario
Those specs are correct 1.5cu. isn't too big at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts