Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the closest audio store today and decided that after hearing a high end sub I can't go back. I have decided to expand my budget to 230 for an enclosed sub.

They had an MTX Thunder TR5512D at the shop and it sounded great. I am now deciding between that and the Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X12 from Crutchfield.

Any opinions on the two?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any recommendations? I want it already enclosed and I'd rather have accurate bass than powerful.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i dont think you guys have been paying attention to this guys numerious threads. if it doesnt come with a box or is sold on a unauthorized dealer, hes not intrested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
MTX ALL DAY!!!:woohoo: I RUN 4 MTX 7500 AND 2 MTX 1000D AMPS 2 MY SUBS AND A MTX 3405 AMP 2 MY MTX 9001 COMPONENT SETS!!! IT HITS SOOOOOOOO HARD!! ONLY RF THAT IS GOOD IS T SERIES SUBS AND BD SERIES AMPS OR REALLY OLD DVC AND XLC SUBS!!! MTX ALL DAY!!!:woot:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Can't complain about either.. both are decent and will get the job done.. Some of you guy don't realize not everyone is in SPL competition. Also. just cause it is sold in a retail store doesn't mean its crap.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think you guys have been paying attention to this guys numerious threads. if it doesnt come with a box or is sold on a unauthorized dealer, hes not intrested.
Yeah, I'd rather not mess with matching a box and I haven't bought anything from and unauthorized dealer (other than ebay for odds and ends) so I don't know what you're talking about about. I've bought from sonicelectronix and crutchfield.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you get the RF you'll need a 2 ohm stable amp which generally costs more then the standard 4 ohm stable amps
Both choices I gave are 2 ohms but I found a class D monoblock pioneer amp that is stable at both. 250 watt RMS @ 4 ohms and 400 watt RMS @ 2 ohms

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
Rockford Fosgate, I haven't heard the Prime series but they haven't put out any crap yet, they put a lot of time into researching and testing to get the best bang for your buck. I tried MTX and didn't like it one bit, probably because it was a defective woofer, but RF has never let me down.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have decided to buy my amp, install it, then go to my local shop and test out a bunch of subs in my car.

Now to an amp, I have been looking at the Pioneer D7400M but found the Kenwood KAC-8104D and Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D. Now the KAC-8104 is cheaper and looks to be better than the Pioneer so I was leaning towards that until I found the eXcelon for 50 more with around the same specs.

Any input?

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
kenwood excelon amps dont put out the power they say they do, they are not as good as they use to be. depending on your price range you might want to look at hifonics, great quality, amazing power output and resonably priced

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
kenwood excelon amps dont put out the power they say they do, they are not as good as they use to be. depending on your price range you might want to look at hifonics, great quality, amazing power output and resonably priced
Oh okay, I've seen those but didn't know much about them so they went overloooked. I will look into that.

EDIT: I looked into those amps and they're a little spendy. I'd like to stay under 175 for my amp.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 40 Posts