Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
Im not REAL concerned with reception as I use XM/CD mostly, but how much better is the "big stick" compared to the smaller one? I live in a major city so reception isnt an issue.

Would a normal size be worse than stock I guess is what im asking?

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not REAL concerned with reception as I use XM/CD mostly, but how much better is the "big stick" compared to the smaller one? I live in a major city so reception isnt an issue.

Would a normal size be worse than stock I guess is what im asking?
Not necessarily better, however AMI came out with the big stick as a new product line, not necessary as an improvement.

I will tell you this--the big stick is huge like CIGAR huge. It will be the only antenna I run on my TrailBlazer for years to come.

I will be putting a 'normal' one on the Cavalier. :)

-Mike

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey mike this is a stupid question but is this a pic of the polished "big stick" next to the polished regular stubbie antenna?
Yes Kevin, in both pics you see the 'normal' antennas vs their 'BIG STICK' counter parts.

The BIG STICK is just AWESOME.

Like a tire iron! LOL

Here is a shot of the bases, little vs big: :hail:

-Mike

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
Yes Kevin, in both pics you see the 'normal' antennas vs their 'BIG STICK' counter parts.

The BIG STICK is just AWESOME.

Like a tire iron! LOL

Here is a shot of the bases, little vs big: :hail:

-Mike
awsome thanks mike; I think I know what my next mod is gong to be:D; and keep working on those LED tail light bulbs I can't wait to get a set for my rainier; I saw the video that you posed with the breaks and turns; are you going to have the reverse lights also in that same pattern to match?

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are you going to have the reverse lights also in that same pattern to match?
In short, yes.

I will have the 'corn cob' 60 smd LED dual intensity that will work in the brakes, and the ones that will work in turns and reverse lights.

I will have the 'jeTTT5tars' dual intensity that will work in the brakes, and ones that will work in turns and reverse lights.

I will also have 3rd style that is VERY bright, but works best as a reverse bulb. I might need your opinion on them ;) Shoot me a PM, or email (preferable)

-Mike

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
Just ordered a 9" Big stick last night. Looking foward to seeing how it works. Paid xtra for priority hoping to get it this week. :D

·
Registered
2005 chevy
32 Posts
In short, yes.

I will have the 'corn cob' 60 smd LED dual intensity that will work in the brakes, and the ones that will work in turns and reverse lights.

I will have the 'jeTTT5tars' dual intensity that will work in the brakes, and ones that will work in turns and reverse lights.

I will also have 3rd style that is VERY bright, but works best as a reverse bulb. I might need your opinion on them ;) Shoot me a PM, or email (preferable)

-Mike
will the led lights need resistors? and areyou making one for the mirror turn signals?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
39 Posts
i am looking at AMI-42xxK on your website.

what is the difference in the heights? If i go with the 3" which seems to be the most desireable, will it have less reception than the 6" or other sizes?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just ordered a 9" Big stick last night. Looking foward to seeing how it works. Paid xtra for priority hoping to get it this week. :D

I recived my antenna today and was not real crazy about how well it worked. Went back to factory raido antenna. I do live in the country far from the stations in the city so mabey it just cant pick them up. I did not expect it to be as good as factory but was hoping for more. I do feel if I was closer to the city it would work better. Just a thought to anyone who is buying one. Not here to bash the company dont take me wrong. There was not alot of writeup on these so I figured Id throw this out there.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I recived my antenna today and was not real crazy about how well it worked. Went back to factory raido antenna. I do live in the country far from the stations in the city so mabey it just cant pick them up. I did not expect it to be as good as factory but was hoping for more. I do feel if I was closer to the city it would work better. Just a thought to anyone who is buying one. Not here to bash the company dont take me wrong. There was not alot of writeup on these so I figured Id throw this out there.
if you can't return it, bring it with you to carlisle; i am sure that someone would buy it off you:yes:

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
403 Posts
thanks for the reveiw ,ive been considering one, but i live in bad reception area like you..thanks for saving me the dissappointment..:thx

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I am not looking to scare away buisness. I hope someone who has one and likes it will speak up. I just live in the boonies.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
I don't understand...please explain.

-Mike
I think he saw your signature listing the price of the Dashhawk as $249 shipped, thinking that was the price of the antenna. :m2:

Don't forget the class-leading BIG STICK! (black and polished)
I never listen to radio stations, so I wouldn't be concerned about reception. But my MP3 plays through the radio using FM Transmitter. Will the Big Stick work in this situation?

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I never listen to radio stations, so I wouldn't be concerned about reception. But my MP3 plays through the radio using FM Transmitter. Will the Big Stick work in this situation?
I do not see this as a problem.

However, I have NEVER used an FM modulator that works.

For instance the PAC audio iPod adapter works for input of ipod or *other* mp3 device. I use this type of input daily with my iPod.

thanks for the reveiw ,ive been considering one, but i live in bad reception area like you..thanks for saving me the dissappointment..:thx
Well, I would possibly consider that 12, 15 and 21" are available too, and offer great performance and looks.

I have not had an issue with reception, however I particularly use my antenna for 'looks' :)

And prefer to use iPod or XM.

Let me know if you are considering at 12" or larger!

-Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts