Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I contacted STS about a kit for our trucks. I never heard back from them so I figured they were just too busy or didn't have anything in the works. Anyway, I just got off of the phone with them. They actually took the time to call me and let me know that come late August they will have a TBSS in shop with a full bolt on kit with Diablo programming soon to follow. Apparently they have seen a HUGE demand for a kit from them, so now there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the guys looking for some boost.:eek:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Thats cool. I wonder how much boost our 10.9 cast? internal motor will hold. 6-8 psi should see another 150hp or so.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
We typically go 6-8PSI on LS2's, this is good news though I bet STS beats everyone to the FI game since Magnuson dropped the ball so badly ;) I'll buy one if they prove to be as good as they have on other platforms, hell that and a converter would be brutal!

·
Registered
56 Posts
STS is a good company they "lost" my gto turbo but they sent me a brand new one so i wasnt mad.:)
if they make one for the SS id buy it as long as the air filter is in a safe location. my GTO sucked up water all the time even with their "snorkel" kit it would just pull water droplets from anywhere underneath the car and out of the air if someone was in front of me on a wet day.:(
to me a AWD ss that cant drive in the rain or snow would be totally useless.

·
Registered
62 Posts
cody4130 said:
STS is a good company they "lost" my gto turbo but they sent me a brand new one so i wasnt mad.:)
if they make one for the SS id buy it as long as the air filter is in a safe location. my GTO sucked up water all the time even with their "snorkel" kit it would just pull water droplets from anywhere underneath the car and out of the air if someone was in front of me on a wet day.:(
to me a AWD ss that cant drive in the rain or snow would be totally useless.
I know it's early to guesstimate how much it would cost but what's been the range for their previous kit for LS2?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
GTPprix said:
We typically go 6-8PSI on LS2's, this is good news though I bet STS beats everyone to the FI game since Magnuson dropped the ball so badly ;) I'll buy one if they prove to be as good as they have on other platforms, hell that and a converter would be brutal!
And way, way faster than my puny H/C plan... I sense a battle coming for who has the quickest SS on 23-mile.... :) :eek: :eek: :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
This is what I received from them today. They suggested the tuner kit at first but I expressed more interest in a complete bolton solution.

It is definitely on the radar for consideration. We may have some updated information on if and when in the next few weeks.

Where are you located? I will make sure that my rep for that area has your information.

Thanks,
David South
V.P. Channel Sales
801-224-3477 ext. 801
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected]
[/EMAIL]
Squires Turbo Systems, Inc.
165 N. 1330 W. Suite C-4
Orem, UTAH 84057
Phone: 866-WE TURBO
Fax: (801) 607-6846
www.STSTurbo.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
with all the upgrades needed for safe operation of the 04 GTO kit it cost me about 5400 the kit itself was a little over 4000. im gonna guess the TB SS kit would run about 5-6k. hopefully for that price it would include everything needed to run safely as thier normal "tuner kits" dont that is why they are tuner kits you have to add your own fuel and tuning.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Stage 1 system 5.5 PSI Intercooled

Custom built STS Turbo system designed specifically for the Chevrolet Trail Blazer SS. System includes specially sized Garrett GT series turbo capable of supporting 750 HP, TiAL Waste gate, Custom remote snorkel air intake system using a K&N filter and Drycharger to protect the intake charge from the elements, Custom engine and drivetrain management tuning designed specifically for the Trailblazer SS, Custom designed intake charge piping and Front Mount Air to Air Intercooler, High performance ceramic coatings on all charge piping, new exhaust sections, and Turbocharger, Fuel system upgrades including in tank Fuel pump and properly sized fuel injectors, Boost gage and dashboard mounted pod, All testing and tuning of complete system by Rick Squires on the street and on the chassis dyno. Dyno reports both before and after the turbo conversion.
Total stage 1 system $ 11,614.

Stage 2 system 9 PSI Intercooled & Methanol injected

Electronic 2 stage boost controller for on the fly switching between low boost (5.5 PSI) and high boost (9 PSI).
Sequential methanol injection system that activates when high boost is activated.
TiAL Blow off valve.
Installed and Tuned with Dyno report.
Total stage 2 system $ 1,359.
That's installed, and currently only done there.

More than 1/3 the price of the entire SUV. :)

Who's going to be the first to step to the plate?

·
Banned
989 Posts
any numbers of hp tq??? also that is a crazy price but y does it say stage two 1,1xx?
also i have been quoted around 5500 hundred by trtturbos for the sts kit.check them out at trtturbo.com that is my ss on the cover woot woot

·
Registered
267 Posts
PEDRO said:
any numbers of hp tq??? also that is a crazy price but y does it say stage two 1,1xx?
also i have been quoted around 5500 hundred by trtturbos for the sts kit.check them out at trtturbo.com that is my ss on the cover woot woot
Yeah, Stage 2 parts and price are on top of Stage 1, so you have to add it.

BTW, with that $5500 quote, was that with twin turbos, or with a single?

·
Registered
641 Posts
faSSt said:
THATS BULL CRAP :mad: ! Maybe we can get a group buy discount. Like half off!
Heh... that's almost HALF of the price I paid for my TBSS. :crazy:

Yeah, thanks but no thanks. If that price includes a forged 408 buildup then I can see it.

But, they are one off custom kits, so you pay the price to play I guess.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
with all the upgrades needed I added up to around $4300 from STS, with a universal kit..how much more could installation be? $1000? if you ask me it doesn't look all that difficult for a handy car guy..not even a need for air tools (although that and a lift would make it go much quicker)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts