Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Do you have the lift already? Nobody makes a bolt-in taller strut, you have to add spacers to one you already have. And there are about five lift spacer vendors and 4-5 shock manufacturers.

What are your intentions to use the lift, since the recommendations vary widely according to how hard you're going to use the vehicle? And your budget and tires are a big influence as well.

Any time people ask "what's the best", I have to ask - "what are you going to do with it?" It's like asking what's the best vehicle? Or the best food? Or the best shoes? See the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lift

I dont have it lifted yet but i would like around 2-3 inches. The reason i want it lifted is more or less for lokks i dont go off roading. I live in boston and a good set of tires would be good for me. What size tires can i get with out making any alteratoins to my truck?

Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Please read some of the stickies in the Offroad forum, especially the "will it fit?" and "tire/suspension pic" ones. More or less.....;)

·
Registered
2006 isuzu ascender
88 Posts
Do you have the lift already? Nobody makes a bolt-in taller strut, you have to add spacers to one you already have. And there are about five lift spacer vendors and 4-5 shock manufacturers.

What are your intentions to use the lift, since the recommendations vary widely according to how hard you're going to use the vehicle? And your budget and tires are a big influence as well.

Any time people ask "what's the best", I have to ask - "what are you going to do with it?" It's like asking what's the best vehicle? Or the best food? Or the best shoes? See the problem? :confused:
I need shocks, mine is a daily driver and its completely stock, I want comfort, but here the road is full of holes and with stock suspension it jumps kinda lot for me, I was looking for KYB GR-2 or monroe sensa-trac, what about them'??? I dont want mine to be rigid, but neither as bumpy as stock...:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts