Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was up all,

i was just wondering if anyone has ordered or is ordering parts from Street Scene.

I just got my new grill insert and i think it looks great!! the only problem i have with it is the install.

The inserts on the grill were done with Tie wraps and the bottom valance is done with clips. I am going to try to McGyver something to make it attach with something a little stonger than tie-wraps.

I have put some pics up in the gallery, so maybe someone in here can give me some ideas to fasten it a little better.

it's more a peice of mind that anything.

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
888 Posts
I used the clips and aircraft shear wire. Some pretty strong stuff PITA to work with it can cut your hands up pretty bad. Any hard ware store should have something similar its just light gauge wire on a roll. I used .015".

Just loop the wire through the back of one of the mesh sections, and make sure it will go around the stock plastic mesh in the grill. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to twist the wire as tight as it can go without breaking it.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Don't know what aircraft shear wire is, but look for stainless steel wire. Sorry if it is ss.

·
Banned
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
888 Posts
Don't know what aircraft shear wire is, but look for stainless steel wire. Sorry if it is ss.
Its stainless at least the stuff i used is. They have brass, copper, SS and aluminum wire. Any hardware store should have it. But make sure its like .010, or .015 as the smaller stuff is really easy to break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts