Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
353 Posts
i hate to point out the obvious but it really looks like its not even on all the way on the passenger side... that pic shows its not locked in place as it should.

double sided tape could help with the bumper wave.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
yea the pass. sides not inplace it keeps poppin out i tryed zip tying it in but it only lasted so long, im gonna bring it to a diffrent auto body and see if they can do anything with it, ill keep it posted when i find out whats the deal

·
Registered
353 Posts
again with the obvious... have you tried putting the passenger side in first then the drivers?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
yea the pass. side eventually pops out im gonna try and make it to a body shop near where i work tomorrow so hopefully ill have some good feedback

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
again with the obvious... have you tried putting the passenger side in first then the drivers?
It won't go. The three mount under the grill center the bumper. The bumper is NOT contoured properly. The sides are to wide and you have to pull them inward which causes it to warp and flex.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It won't go. The three mount under the grill center the bumper. The bumper is NOT contoured properly. The sides are to wide and you have to pull them inward which causes it to warp and flex.
sand blast the paint off and demand a refund!

idk how well that would work, but that bumper is horribly designed. that just screams refund.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
sand blast the paint off and demand a refund!

idk how well that would work, but that bumper is horribly designed. that just screams refund.
i know it does but then id just have to pay to get another one painted

i didnt get to the auto body cause i got a call at about 11am to go to the 1pm yankee game today so i left work and i went and got payed to go to the game so that was pretty good but ill see what happens with the bumper, when ever i get to it but ill post it up again when i get it fixed or come up with a solution

·
Registered
779 Posts
Do all the Street scene bumpers have the logo on them?? Thats so tacky...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
bump!

I have had this bumper cover on my 05 LS for at least 5 years now, after I hit a coyote and trashed my OEM cover. Anyway, I don't have the waves but I do have the sagging sides. It seems I can get it to pop into place on one side, but not the other - and actually stay. Anyone got any tips for making it stick where it should?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
11 Posts
I work in aftermarket body parts, that bumper needed to be trimmed & shaved before install. It's kind of the shops fault for not knowing that.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
56 Posts
bumper

There is a Chevy tsb service bullatian about the wavy front bumpers and make a kit to fix it check with your local Chevy dealership

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use to have that until my bg forgot to put in your bumper spacer. Its the long black plastic thing that was suppose to be holding the top portion on the bumper.
I'm doing a front end bumper, grill and trim replacement on the girlfriends Trailblazer. I can't find anywhere they show how this spacer (or absorber depending on where you buy it) installs. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts