Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I have that bumper as well and didnt have too many problems. The wave wasnt an issue on mine. The headlight gap was a small problem for me, but i can live with it. The factory bumpers from 02-05 were wavy. Pics of mine are in my gallery (just click on my name and go to the gallery) for those that didnt know. BTW, it looks good

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
my bumper isnt wavy at all.. must have been the grille guard I had on for almost 2 years that straightened it out :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have that bumper as well and didnt have too many problems. The wave wasnt an issue on mine. The headlight gap was a small problem for me, but i can live with it. The factory bumpers from 02-05 were wavy. Pics of mine are in my gallery (just click on my name and go to the gallery) for those that didnt know. BTW, it looks good
yea yours looks like it fits a lot better than mine

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
Hmm......can you post more pics up? Maybe someone on here could give you a good idea on how to correct the problem(s). :yes:

·
Registered
779 Posts
who me or boilermaker?
He probably means you.

In another thread, I read that velcro can fix the wave problem on any of our bumpers. Dunno what to say about that headlight gap though. I'd consult your body shop, friend's dad or not. Hes blowing off the situation as you said anyways, right?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
yea im gonna try everything i can, the spacer, tape, velcro w/e i need
n ill try and get some more pics tomorrow if not wednesday

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I can help you get a better fitup on your bumper. Unfortunately, I'm on my cell phone and cannot get any pics of the area you need to get to to correct some of your problem. I'll try and describe it to you. on either side of your bumper, between the wheel and bumper, is a peice that sticks out that the bumper clips onto. The piece is about 1 inch long and about as big around as a bottle cap from those 20 oz. pops. Take a ziptie and have someone push the bumper cover towards the rear of the vehicle while you ziptie it tight. Also, if your truck came with front towhooks, those have to come off. As Josuezq8 previously said, there is a piece that goes under the stock bumper, a harder black styrofoam looking thing. Attach some industrial grade hook and loop tape to this and tour bumper cover and that will stop the wave, or at least make it not so noticeable. Any other questions, just ask.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ok well ill keep that in mind but i have class till 11 tonight so i wont be gettin anything done tonight but ill take some pics and take a look at what youre describing, thanks for all the tips n input fellas

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
update on street scene bumper

i finally got in contact with some one from street scene after a month and a half and they pretty much told me it wasnt installed right and its not their problem.

Mike Ungles <[email protected]> wrote:

Definitely this bumper doesn’t look right. It is hanging down way too much… Do you still have your original Bumper.. The OEM bumper is also Just a Cover with the structure behind it. What you are supposed to do is Just Remove the OEM Cover but leave all the Structure, and mount our Bumper Cover over it.. In Picture 8 the tabs should be able to slide over a locking hook but is about 2 inches higher then where the pictures show it at…The Bumper you got and the bumper from our orange one is out of the Same Mold so fitment should be Identical.. Please let me know if you do have the OE bumper and if that may be the problem. Thanks

(next e-mail)
Mike Ungles <[email protected]> wrote:

it is clear to us that the part has not been installed properly. The sides of the bumper cover need to be raised up and attach to the circular metal pieces that come out of the body and our part snaps onto… This is something that you will have to talk to Stylin Concepts about for replacement and refund since they are the company you ordered from. The only thing I can suggest is taking it to a body shop to see what they think…. The main problem is that our instructions and stickers on the part clearly state that it needs to be test fit Prior to Painting. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
48 Posts
im planning to eventually get this bumper cover so i talked to some local shops who deal with street scene and and i told them about the wavy effect that people have. The tip they told me is that because of the material used to created that bumper the way to avoid waves is to test fit it on your TB and leave it on for like two weeks..let the material relax and mold to your tb then after the two weeks you can paint it and there wont be any waves. but thats assuming you do this in the spring/summer... :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
im planning to eventually get this bumper cover so i talked to some local shops who deal with street scene and and i told them about the wavy effect that people have. The tip they told me is that because of the material used to created that bumper the way to avoid waves is to test fit it on your TB and leave it on for like two weeks..let the material relax and mold to your tb then after the two weeks you can paint it and there wont be any waves. but thats assuming you do this in the spring/summer... :)
Nope. Mine would have straightened out over the summer and it didn't.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
yea i know i should but im gonna bring it to another body shop and see if they can do anything with it, im thinkin the place i brought it to just painted it and threw it on

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
That looks like [email protected], as though it was hit and not repaired the way it bulges out. Looking closer at the pics, it appears the entire bumper was mounted too far right or to the passenger side of the vehicle and they had to force or push it over to make the mount in order to bolt it up. - Would sure explain the bulges and mis-alignment on the passenger side. SS might be correct and this could be an installation problem or the mounting points/brackets could have been bent in the process? (These bumpers use a rod of sorts on each side to help hold them in place).

Hope you can get with SS, the vendor or the body shop that performed the install to make it right. Looks like a nice looking bumper.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
355 Posts
Bobbo, I've bought SS products over the years and have had similar problems, I ended up using a heat gun to straightened out my bumper cover on my Astro Van and it seemed to work, hope you can get this problem resolved.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
I ended up using a heat gun to straightened out my bumper cover on my Astro Van and it seemed to work, hope you can get this problem resolved.
thats the problem, you should have to **** like that to make it work especially the type of money you forked out.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts