Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my beloved 2006 Envoy Denali 5.3 (118,000 mi) is in the shop (non-dealer) with a problem the tech can't figure out. When driving with a scan tool attached, the tech is watching the throttle position on the scanner. While pressing the accelerator, the scan shows the position goes to about 30% then stops. As the accelerator is pressed further, the position stays at 30% then all at once goes to 90%. Nothing in between. They tried a replacement Throttle Position Sensor with no change. I've seen some posts about the accelerator pedal sensor going bad. Any other similar issues or recommended solutions???
Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - They are going to try a new accelerator/sensor assembly on Monday.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,235 Posts
If a replacement sensor assembly did not solve the problem, chances are that is not the problem. The reference voltage at the sensor needs to be checked. Pins A and D should have +5VDC on them, Pins C and F should be 0 VDC. Pins B and E should track thru the range as the pedal is pushed.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the test specs EnvoyBoy - I'm guessing the pins you are talking about are the ones going in to the accelerator unit. Jumping ahead - any ideas what the issue might be if the new sensor doesn't work and any of the voltages are off???

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They replaced the accelerator and sensor assembly. I shared the voltage specs with them also. Still a mystery.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazingly, they had no issues on the truck for the last 7 days after driving it several times. Original accelerator is back on. No idea what they did. Maybe it was a bad connection somewhere. It's running fine now. Just waiting for a code to come up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts