1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
i need help to find out what this sound is

when putting TM into auto mode the sound is like your repeating letter N NNNNNNNNNNN with 4high its stronger its like the gears are not engaged well

i went to the dealers they said it normal ,some frequency resonines i told it wasn,t there before ,
does any one having the sound

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
37 Posts
hi guys
i need help to find out what this sound is

when putting TM into auto mode the sound is like your repeating letter N NNNNNNNNNNN with 4high its stronger its like the gears are not engaged well

i went to the dealers they said it normal ,some frequency resonines i told it wasn,t there before ,
does any one having the sound

If its like a high and low pitch whinning sound its your motor. I just had to change mine and it sounded like what your describing. There about $300 from the dealer ship and take about 5-10 min to change, make sure you go with the dealer part, at first i went with the aftermarket one and i changed 3 under warranty and got tired of it.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what motor guys can you plz give part number of it because i still under warranty and they told me its normal
do you mean transfare case things

thanks for the replys :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
37 Posts
what motor guys can you plz give part number of it because i still under warranty and they told me its normal
do you mean transfare case things

thanks for the replys :)
I don't know the part number off hand, it's not the tranfer case, the problem i had was the motor that locked my front axel when i put it in 4x4. I had to wait untill it wouldn't go into 4x4 anymore before they changed it

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If it's in warranty, you don't need the part number. Just get it into your warranty records that you complained about it and they ignored you. When it fails, you have the history.

That said, we need to determine if it's the front axle actuator or the transfer case encoder motor.

The front axle actuator is a high pitched whine (faster, smaller motor) that makes a noise doe 2-3 seconds ONLY when going from 2WD to A4WD and from A4WD to 2WD.

The encoder motor is a lower pitched and shorter time noise, and it will make a noise on EVERY 4WD mode transition. You can listen better with the ignition on but the motor off.

Can you record the sound and post a link to the MP3?

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will try becuase i have to drive at speed to hear it more speed more sound coming up

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes

whining while driving and its increaseing with more speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts