Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some strange symtoms lately. TB not starting..no crank at all. seemed like I needed to do a pcm security relearn sice the security light was on. I did and it started fine. Then a few days later the security light came on while driving..nothing else effected. Re started fine and the security light did not come one again. The the light on the 4 wheel drive selector went out, I tried to change it to automatic, 2 wheel and 4 wheel hi. It just binked and then went out?:undecided. TB still drive fine. Then a day later It would not start again..no crank at all, but no security light, after trying to start it several times it started fine.

My first thought was the battery but it tested fine. I dont know if the 4 wheel drive lights are related in anyway, I am more concered about the erratic starting problems. Does anyone have a clue? Could it be the ignition switch?

Also I have a remote start on the vehicle but have never had any problems with it over the past 4 years.

:thx

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
502 Posts
I would check all of the body grounds under the hood. Intermittent stuff like this can be caused by a poor ground.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
didnt we have this discussion at the last meet? bout the ignition switch causing some very very very strange and random problems... and that a the switch is common with these vehicles...

the randomness really makes me think its ur switch...

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
didnt we have this discussion at the last meet? bout the ignition switch causing some very very very strange and random problems... and that a the switch is common with these vehicles...

the randomness really makes me think its ur switch...
Yeh we did..but it never failed to start, just the security light would come and go, with no other problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts