Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was in Miami FL, for work, and my wife called to inform me that that the Trailblazer would not move forward nor backward regardless of the gear it was in. We had the Transmission & transfer case replaced with used parts about 4 months ago so it didn't necessarily surprise me.

When I returned back to Iowa, after we bought another vehicle, I had some time so I went to the TB, Put it in gear and she was right, no movement.

I went through all the gears and as I was going from 1 all the way back to P it started grinding a bit. I pulled it back out of Park and put it in Drive. And it went into Gear.

I've driven it around the block a few times with no problem but expect it will not last long.

Any ideas?

I do know that the transfer case is gone. I have that in 4Hi and keep it there.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
27 Posts
Grinding going back into park?

It's the transfer case crapping the rest of the way out. The planetary gearset is taking its last dump.

Consider taking up on the clues in my signature and starting an account there. That way you won't have to wait 4 days for a response. I've seen a couple of times this exact issue has come up and both times it's been the transfer case.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GnatMionT, (I do think I will be opening up an account there as you indicated. 4 days for a response is quite odd).

Would the Planetary Gearset make the entire transmission stop working? Although it seems to be able to be driven again, at one time it wouldn't move at all. Engine just reved.

Thanks again,

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
51 Posts
For sure make an account. We need some more iowans over there.. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts