Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just purchased a certified 08 Trailblazer LT1. Love it so far, but have been noticing a few issues, and wonder if I could get some advice before making an appointment with the dealer (which is over an hour away).

1) Passenger window is slow to rise, sometimes stops completely. I'm thinking its the window motor, but maybe it is related to something else?

2) When rolling/trying to roll up passenger window, headlights and dash lights will dim considerably. I've tried to look at the gauge and see if there is a noticeable voltage drop but its hard to tell.

3) With all the snow we've had in NJ I've been glad to have a 4x4. Unfortunately sometimes when in 4, the trans/car/something will jerk, hard. Also, if I lose traction (on ice/snow) I'm seeing the headlights dim/voltage drop.

Sorry if I seem to be rambling, just not sure what could be causing these issues. A friend told me it could possibly be the alternator, but I just wanted to see what you all thought.

Thanks for your help

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Passenger window or its regulator could be mechanically binding, causing increased current load on the electrical system.

A bad alternator or battery or wiring could cause voltage drooping under times of increased load. Get them checked.

There are three 4WD modes: A4WD, 4HI, and 4LO. If the jerking is in A4WD mode, don't use it. Stuff can break and we recommend against using that mode. If it's slippery enough for 4WD, it's slippery enough for 4HI. Check the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Passenger window or its regulator could be mechanically binding, causing increased current load on the electrical system.

A bad alternator or battery or wiring could cause voltage drooping under times of increased load. Get them checked.

There are three 4WD modes: A4WD, 4HI, and 4LO. If the jerking is in A4WD mode, don't use it. Stuff can break and we recommend against using that mode. If it's slippery enough for 4WD, it's slippery enough for 4HI. Check the Owner's Manual.
Thank you for the fast reply. I should have made it more clear in the original post, I noticed it happening when in 4 HI, and have never used A or 4LO (havent been badly stuck yet). I'll make an appt this weekend, hopefully the repairs will be covered in the 1yr bumper to bumper warranty :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts