Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i installed my F90BT my truck has not sat for more than overnight... i decided to drive my little car being that we had some sunny weather... i went to get in my TB and the lights were Dim. Tried to start....dead battery. i jumped it, ran fine, drove it everyday again for a week no problem.... left it sitting for 3 days tried to start this morning....dead battery.

i was very careful to isolate all my wires that i crimped together.... it didnt do this after my remote start install, just recently after my Radio install...

Ideas on what to check? i don't want to take my dash apart,altho i'm sure i'll need to.... :no: :sadcry:

GMOS-04 Interface, Parking Brake, Mute Wire, radio ground wire, and XM Tuner ground wire all grounded to the ground on the GMOS-04, could that be the problem?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
dead battery from a HU install, seems kinda weird. you check your wires again? or take it up to auto zone, maybe a dead cell.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
GMOS-04 Interface, Parking Brake, Mute Wire, radio ground wire, and XM Tuner ground wire all grounded to the ground on the GMOS-04, could that be the problem?
I have read at Avic411.com that grounding the parking brake, mute, and XM tuner to the ground wire in the GMOS-04 interface was a no-no. I think doing that could leave some of the devices on, even when the truck is off. You may want to ask at Avic411.com, they have seen this issue before I am sure.

If you need a close ground, there should be one under the carpet piece at the bottom of the center dash (its the piece with two screws in each footwell). There is a nice body ground there, that is used by a lot of wires already, at least in my Envoy.

ct_mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts