Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When all else fails, turn to the fine folks of the interwebs for help.

I have a 2005 4wd I6 SWB Trailblazer with 140K miles, all mine. No mods, stepper moter replacements have been done. Serviced between 3K and 5K miles its entire life.

3 weeks ago, went to pass a vehicle, all dashboard lights lit up and vehicle immediately died. Wrestled it into a parking lot, would not start. Interior lights were all on, but wouldn't turn over. The day before, the air conditioning had not been working, but it was working again that morning. Had it towed to the Cheverolet dealership, they kept it for two days, put a new battery in it, and it started and ran.

A week later, filled the vehicle up with gas, gas gauge was stuck on empty with the low fuel light on even after filling up. Went to start the next morning, and vehicle "started", but would not run above idle. (low engine power light - the engine with the arrow - was on.) Tried starting numerous times, still would not back out of my driveway. Had it towed to a local repair shop, said it showed no codes for diagnostics. Checked fuel line pressure, said to be fine. They kept it overnight, next morning it started right up and has ran like a sewing machine ever since. Cannot explain why it started, or what changed.

Filled up with gas a few days ago - same gas gauge situation as before - but after a day or so of normal driving, the gas gauge went back to some semblance of accuracy.

This isn't that many miles - I love my vehicle, but I"m still afraid that it's going to leave me hanging again since noone actually found a problem to fix. I know electrical gremlins can be tricky, but does anyone have any ideas? Giving it back to the dealership tomorrow for a day, even though it is running fine right now, just to see if they can find an issue with it. Very frustrating.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
135 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 99 Tahoe. It ended up being the fuel pump. It was intermittent. I ended up attaching a fuel pressure gauge to keep track of the pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts