Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

straight piping

14K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  manfetti 
#1 ·
hey all. i still got the stock exhaust, but i want to straight pipe it so itll be louder. is straight piping illegal in nj? ive looked but havent found anything. also how much does this normally cost?

#5 ·
DCM straight-piped the I6. He's got an SS (6.0) which in MY opinion sounds sick straight piped. If you the have the founds for it, you should just get an electronic dump. That way it can be loud.. and you can still pass NJ inspection.. Or just straight pipe it and pay for a sticker when inspection time comes but thats illegal as well so I didn't just say that :x :tiphat

#7 ·
A set of long tubes into a catback would be ideal in your situation. Let that LS2 breathe!

Also an electric cutout is a nice touch. I have one on my Camaro. With it open at WOT it sounds like all hell just broke loose. I have no cats either which makes it a little louder.

#10 ·
alright, well bottom line im keeping the cats, just the resonator and muffler are going away (unless someone says removing just the res or muffler sounds better). where would i get the parts for this? prices, links, all would be appreciated! :)

#11 ·
just go to the muffler shop and have them weld in a 3" pipe. you could probably get it done for around $50

i've got a cut out on mine... isn't as loud as i thought it would be

hopefully cam + headers will fix that....

#12 ·
well im having a mechanic i know do this for a special price, but all he needs is parts or a website to order parts from. any links would be appreciated, as well as some store examples on where to get the stuff from (autozone, advance auto parts, etc)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.