Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Newbie here.
My wife drives a 2005 GMC Envoy SLE 6cyl. While traveling for work, last night some low life stole her gas.:hissy: This morning the fuel door and gas cap were both open. Fuel gauge reads empty and low fuel light is on. She fills up the tank and gauge still reads empty and light is still on. Chevy dealer says about $600 to fix it. The truck has 102,000 miles so all warranties are gone.:no: The insurance says it will pay for it if it was broken during the robbery. $100 deductible. Chevy says it will drop the tank and tell us if it is broken for $100.
Are the chances it was broken by the thieves real good?
Any help is would be great.
:thx

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Hello,
Newbie here.
My wife drives a 2005 GMC Envoy SLE 6cyl. While traveling for work, last night some low life stole her gas.:hissy: This morning the fuel door and gas cap were both open. Fuel gauge reads empty and low fuel light is on. She fills up the tank and gauge still reads empty and light is still on. Chevy dealer says about $600 to fix it. The truck has 102,000 miles so all warranties are gone.:no: The insurance says it will pay for it if it was broken during the robbery. $100 deductible. Chevy says it will drop the tank and tell us if it is broken for $100.
Are the chances it was broken by the thieves real good?
Any help is would be great.
:thx
I can't see the sending unit getting broken during the theft. I wonder what they used to get by the siphon trap? Must have been a very small hose :undecided

It may be stuck due to it going down way beyond its normal travel area. They can get somewhat corroded in the seldom used range and it may only be stuck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Bill.
I had heard about some type of anti-syphon device, but didn't know what years or manufacturers it is used in.
Thank goodness they didn't drill a hole in the gas tank.
We are going to try the Techron or Seafoam and hope it works.
Thanks, again.
Danny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts