Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I purchased a brand new Envoy SLE 2009 just 2 weeks back and done 1000km, but I feel the ride very stiff. I can feel almost everything on the road, even the asphalt strips, even on highways. I also own a Mitsubishi Lancer 2004 and it's ride is much much smoother. I know I can mention this to the dealer when I go for the 1st servicing at 1500km, but I just want to know your opinion as to why a brand new vehicle has this problem. I initially thought maybe SUVs are stiff (this is my 1st SUV) when not loaded much, but somehow I don't think it's true. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What tires are on the new vehicles nowadays? What's your air pressure actually set to, compared to the door edge sticker?
The tyres are Dunlop. Will check the exact model and air pressure. The door edge sticker is in arabic (i'm in the middle east); I can only make out 35 and 32. Does that mean 35 in front and 32 in the rear? With so much of pre-delivery inspection that the dealer claims, can there be so much of error in tyre air pressure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you actually checked the tire pressure? My '03 calls for 32 psi. front and back.
I checked the tire pressure. They were at 40 psi. I reduced it to 35, front & back. The ride is smoother, but not as smooth as my 2004 lancer, especially on highways. Isn't 40 psi a little too much?
The door sticker shows 35 & 32, rest is all written in arabic. I'm assuming that means 35 in front, 32 in back. The tires are dunlop sp sport 255/60/R17. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
I have to ask if you didn't notice this on your test drives? How long and how many miles did you check it out for before the purchase?

Most owners think the Envoy rides too softly, and changing out the OEM shocks is the first improvement that comes to mind. I discarded my OEM shocks at 9000 miles, even though they were in warranty, for being too loose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to ask if you didn't notice this on your test drives? How long and how many miles did you check it out for before the purchase?

Most owners think the Envoy rides too softly, and changing out the OEM shocks is the first improvement that comes to mind. I discarded my OEM shocks at 9000 miles, even though they were in warranty, for being too loose.
Frankly speaking, I didn't notice it on my test drive; but that wasn't much, around 10km. Also, I was more concerned about the handling and the engine.

But why did u discard your shocks for being too soft? Softer means more comfort, right? Or is it because u r using it more for offroading?

What's the tire pressure on ur envoy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.