Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone doing? I've read 90% of the posts within this section and have a question about a Sticky Post (Installing an Amplifier) and comments made by others advising against what's documented in the Sticky.

If the majority users who have commented on adding an amp advise against using the rear fuse box as a power source for an amp install, then why is this (http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=39) sticky thread still posted?

If the using the rear fuse box, as a power source for an amp, could have such a disastrous effect, then should this sticky be removed. I personally would have used this sticky if I wasn't wise enough to do more extensive searches to validate it's accuracy.

In any event, thanks to all for the valuable information throughout this site.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
255 Posts
i think anybody can make the argument that ANY aftermarket installs could be bad
also, i think it was a very good write up and a good refrence...if you dont like the idea of the fuse box, dont use it. run straight to the battery. the op of that sticky gave us a good alternate to the traditional hook up

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
yeah, i have contacted the mods about the sticky. i cannot believe that it was allowed. though the mods have only given me one choice. someone pretty much has to make a new thread (with lots of pics).

if someone want to make one, have at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts